PEAX Equipment

Helicopter Capture Compilation

I dug up and started going through some of my GoPro videos last night looking for the video of some of the more exciting bull elk catches. I have multiple hundreds of hours of video so no luck yet on those, but I did find this clip from catching mountain goats in the East Humbolts in Nevada. Its 6 unedited minutes with 3 goats getting caught. Be warned that the helicopter noise is pretty loud at the beginning.

@theat my better half picked this up last week in eastern MT while looking for antlers. Is this from an Ariel dart?

View attachment 324108
It sure is. It has probably been on the ground long enough that any sedatives remaining wouldn’t hurt you, but I would still be a bit cautious. Depending on what animal they were targeting, there could be enough in there to kill someone.

I was deleting a bunch of old photos and video off my phone yesterday and realized that I had a bunch of cool video clips I filmed with my phone at my previous job. A lot of the time I had a GoPro attached to my helmet, but there were also a lot of days I just didn't want to deal with it. These clips are from when my coworkers or myself felt it worth the risk of taking a glove off and pulling our phone out of a zippered pocket. Sticking an exposed hand out of a moving helicopter in the winter is pretty cold and you would be surprised how hard it is to hold on to it in the slipstream. As you will see, I was playing around with the slow-mo function on my iPhone quite a bit. Has a little of just about every type of western big game other than antelope. Quite a bit of it was filmed vertically and I converted it to horizontal, so its worth watching on a computer or tv rather than a phone.

Badass my man!

I dug up and started going through some of my GoPro videos last night looking for the video of some of the more exciting bull elk catches. I have multiple hundreds of hours of video so no luck yet on those, but I did find this clip from catching mountain goats in the East Humbolts in Nevada. Its 6 unedited minutes with 3 goats getting caught. Be warned that the helicopter noise is pretty loud at the beginning.

Don’t know how I missed this one in March, but I’m getting cold just watching that. The downdraft from that helicopter in that cold had to be brutal

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacksoncsalmon
Back