NEW SITKA Ambient 75

HD 380 elk permit……….

ismith

I didn’t draw it, but would a wealthy Elkhorns land owner gift me their landowner preference next year? Also, what’s the best restaurant, close to where you’ll be guiding me on my hunt. Not looking for honey hole’s, any help is helpful, unless it’s not. Helpful help only please…….

I didn’t draw it, but would a wealthy Elkhorns land owner gift me their landowner preference next year? Also, what’s the best restaurant, close to where you’ll be guiding me on my hunt. Not looking for honey hole’s, any help is helpful, unless it’s not. Helpful help only please…….
How many points do you have?

Big Bull Bar and Grill in Winston has the best burger I’ve ever ate. We always stop there when going out to the in-laws

Maybe so, but the guy with the tag isn't the average Montana elk hunter.
Buzz
My neighbor has land owner preference.
He hunts all season Sept-Nov. His house is full of 350+ bulls.
It isn't like it used to be.
Good luck to your above average hunter friend.

Buzz
My neighbor has land owner preference.
He hunts all season Sept-Nov. His house is full of 350+ bulls.
It isn't like it used to be.
Good luck to your above average hunter friend.
I know a couple killers that have had it in recent years they where highly disappointed

I'm not trying to be a dick. Just once I'd like to have a 380 bull tag, so I could hunt where I live. Is there the possibility of finding a 380 bull? Maybe, but doubtful on public. It's an overrated LE currently.
I would be happy with a 330 bull out of this unit.

I’m glad 380 exists so that 16k+ people put in there and not elsewhere. 380 is the best elk tag in the state period. I wish everyone would put in there. Honestly, putting in anywhere else is a complete waste of time. If you’re reading this and are not currently putting in for 380, remember, you can’t draw the best elk tag in the state if you don’t put in for 380.

Once upon a time ought 6 it was great. A long time ago. Leave it to fwp to give out to many tags. Only 2k plus elk there. Spike otc. Survival rate not good. So basically most bulls killed at 1yrs old. And if 99 percent of hunters c a 30 inch spike, good genes. Over a 12 inch spike they kill the big spike. So the bulls that live to 7, 8, 9 or older most the time don't have the genetics. And like most areas in mt, the best hunting on the private.

One of my cousins guides there for an outfitter. Big private. Iam impressed with 1 to 3 bulls they kill a yr.

Meh! You just have to tighten up the boot laces a little more & be a legend in your own mind…..or your buddies mind. Bah, ha!

Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CodyL
Back