PEAX Equipment

Hammer Bullets - what makes them so great?

This is the whole episode. mtmuley
Thanks for posting this

Keep in mind that lamb is delicious
I'm sure it is and I have no problem with things like invasive pig shooting where obviously the goal is to shoot multiple animals. But selling the video as a "hunt" for a mature aoudad and then shooting into a group rubs me wrong, especially when it looks like they tried to cover it up. At least own it.

I'm sure it is and I have no problem with things like invasive pig shooting where obviously the goal is to shoot multiple animals. But selling the video as a "hunt" for a mature aoudad and then shooting into a group rubs me wrong, especially when it looks like they tried to cover it up. At least own it.
So my question is what does this have to do with the original post ? Hammer bullets work great

I don't to speak for Steve, but he values his integrity and reputation highly. You should actually call Hammer and talk to him about your concerns. It is actually him that answers the phone when you call. You will find him to be a very transparent guy.

The person that posted that has an obsession with knocking everything about Hammers and Steve personally. Many of his technical gripes refer to early versions of the product which are no longer made. Hammers keep improving in response to client feedback and field observations.

I love them because they are crazy accurate and laser fast.

I don't to speak for Steve, but he values his integrity and reputation highly. You should actually call Hammer and talk to him about your concerns. It is actually him that answers the phone when you call. You will find him to be a very transparent guy.

The person that posted that has an obsession with knocking everything about Hammers and Steve personally. Many of his technical gripes refer to early versions of the product which are no longer made. Hammers keep improving in response to client feedback and field observations.

I love them because they are crazy accurate and laser fast.
Yep. I promise he'll pick up the phone to discuss this. mtmuley

Hammers are precision engineered. I was reloading today and admiring the consistency in size and mass. As said before, they are accurate and fast. They’ve also shown to be deadly and not overly destructive. I’ve killed 5 deer in 3 years and the furthest ran about 50 yards. I’ve killed a pile of coyotes with them too. Out of my 6.5 cm I’m not expecting low damage.

I’ve personally talked to Steve multiple times. He’s helped with load development. That’s pretty freaking awesome.

Hammers are precision engineered. I was reloading today and admiring the consistency in size and mass. As said before, they are accurate and fast. They’ve also shown to be deadly and not overly destructive. I’ve killed 5 deer in 3 years and the furthest ran about 50 yards. I’ve killed a pile of coyotes with them too. Out of my 6.5 cm I’m not expecting low damage.

I’ve personally talked to Steve multiple times. He’s helped with load development. That’s pretty freaking awesome.
I just had a bunch of technical information to ask him about the 118 hht and he seemed almost excited to talk about it with me. That’s something you will not find anywhere else

Also, getting a box of 118 HHTs for my 280 AI. Max load should be over 3500 with H100V.

In .
Copper Creek Munitions (maybe they used to but I don't see them listed anymore)
Weatherby
Hendershots
270?
I didn’t see that on Weatherby.
Wish I want such a basic Beach :/

Edit: hey hendershots had the 124! 2-3 week time to deliver. Looks like Barnes tsx will have to do

Last edited:
Steve has helped me work up loads for 300 H&H, 375 H&H, 25.06, .260 and .204.

Always pleasant and willing to advise.

And, just for the record, when watching the full video, I thought the bull was clear of the rest of the animals too, and I would have taken the shot.

Not to derail, but am I the only one who gets a tic each time I load a Barnes TTSX and the nose plug is visibly off-center? Haven't had that issue with the HHTs even with having install the tip myself.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eagleeye2024
Back