Caribou Gear

Good luck to all

Flatbrimmer

Leaving tomorrow for my first real backcountry elk camp. I’ve been saying for years I’m sick of driving home in the dark and waking up early to head right back in… why not camp with the elk? Well, I’ll tell you why. Because I’ve been a pu—! Worried about gear, worried about success, worried about failure, worried about injury, worried about bears, worried about anything I can use as an excuse…

I’ve kinda got most of that sorted out and I’ve greatly pushed my previous limits in these last few outings.. I feel super confident in my gear, my physical strength, my mental, the location and the weather.. It all feels like it’s going to be at the very least comfortable, and at best, productive and effective. I suck at doing the live hunts even if I had cell service and even my after-hunt recaps are summarized greatly. It’s difficult to remember And note everything to make for a better story later… It is also tricky when you start typing it all out and a whole household needs your attention, but I will do my best to try and illustrate the trip when I get back! Wrote myself a note and been staring at it for months… I’ve told myself this year I cannot be picky, and just keep it simple. KISS, right?? image.jpg

I’m unpacking and repacking. I’m twisting on a couple fresh broadheads.. Gotta clean out the truck and check the fluids.. can’t forget a phone charger! 🤣

To everyone headed out for the opener, I wish you luck and safe travels! Can’t wait to see some opening weekend success when I get back!
✌🏽 🍻

I was kinda hoping when I opened this up it was gonna read more good luck to every except for x he can go &$3.&;;/ himself

You keep staring through that tunnel of a hat! 😩🤣

Attachments

• IMG_1692.jpeg
    IMG_1692.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 54
Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Meatball