Advertisement

Gallatin Canyon Wall Tent Homicide

Hard to speculate. It could have just been some deranged person that started chopping dude. That’s nuttier than squirrel shit I know that… maybe I will take the heater even if there ain’t bears… sad, man.

Sooooo ... if you are prudent in practicing vigilance and security while a homicidal maniac is at large ... then YOU are "doing something wrong"? 'Don't savvy that.
Putting yourself in a position like that is the mistake. Camp elsewhere, stay in a hotel etc. It's like when someone says they only carry a gun when they go to a certain place...why are you going to a place that you feel is dangerous? Wasn't directed at you, and of course the suspect is the only bad guy in the equation, just personally wouldn't put myself in a situation like that to begin with.

Putting yourself in a position like that is the mistake. Camp elsewhere, stay in a hotel etc. It's like when someone says they only carry a gun when they go to a certain place...why are you going to a place that you feel is dangerous? Wasn't directed at you, and of course the suspect is the only bad guy in the equation, just personally wouldn't put myself in a situation like that to begin with.

This is a popular recreation area for undeveloped camping, hunting and ATV riding. No history of trouble at all.

Every camp should have a trail cam on it.
I sleep better with a couple of dogs around. But I usually leave them home with the family for protection when I'm away.
It doesn't matter 22lr or 44mag you gotta be awake to defend yourself.

This is creepy. My boss, a co-worker and I were shooting our rifles right at that intersection on Sunday. A couple of sheriffs deputies rolled by and stopped up the road a couple hundred yards right as we started shooting. I walked over to check in with them to make sure we weren’t going to make them nervous if there was a situation going on. They said we were fine and they were just checking something out.

😳😳😳😳
Unsettling Gerald...

Ed and I spent three consecutive nights sleeping 150 yards from this dead elk that a sow and cub grizzly were feeding on. She was a good bear and didn’t bother us. Even so, we abandoned that spot immediately upon discovering that elk.

Reading this, I would rather camp beside the dead elk.IMG_1838.jpegIMG_1835.jpeg

I never turn my back to people I meet in the woods. Might let my guard down if they have kids but outside that. Nope. One time I was up bear creek and a couple granola ladies coming down the trail made a comment to save a bear and use my spray of which I had both on my belt. I commented who said the sidearm was for protection from bears?

After traveling across the country this week. I'd agree. The world is getting to be a strange place everywhere you look. Even where you wouldn't expect it.
Sadly, yes. Even during the same news coverage of this tragic and brutal homicide, local law enforcement officials are pointing to an increase and difference in violent, intense situations to which they must quickly respond. They are concerned that the significant increase in those calls keep them from much of the public safety law enforcement that has been so important to just keeping a lid on speeding, running red lights, traffic accidents and other more "routine" law enforcement.

Back