Need advice on a tripod and head

jpcoll01

Dang tripods are expensive…I have been glassing off of a $20 Amazon basics camera tripod for the past 3-4 years. Terrible to try to move smoothly and just generally garbage. No way could you shoot off of it. I have the Spartan connections on my guns that I use with a Spartan bipod which I love.
Primos makes a line of tripods with the spartan connector on the top. The tripod felt solid but the ball head was plastic and kind of felt like garbage that I would be disappointed in (but only like $239) Set up a Tricer at Scheels and it felt smooth but was over $500 for the set. I’m leaning toward a normal tripod with arca and getting an arca adapter for the spartan attachments for shooting. Open to thoughts. Can’t justify soending $1k on a tripod at this point.

I'm right there too . Tried the Spartan adapter on my Slik tripod but the mount being so far forward kind of defeated the purpose .
I bought the BOG death grip tripod but it's heavy . It actually lets you take the clamp off via an ARCA mount / clamp and that helps with the weight , if you have an ARCA plate on your rifle . I sent my ELEMENT back to Seekins to have a IRAS and ARCA rail installed .

This is intriguing to me. Works well seated and standing? I think this and an added arca rail on my gun makes a ton of sense.
Yes, I put a shorter center post in it also, so it can be used prone also. I haven't shot off of it, but have heard of guys doing it. It's a solid tripod and for the price, I don't think it can be beat. I love being able to spread the legs (lol) and lean back against my pack comfortably looking up at a hillside for any given amount of time.

I picked up a couple of arca rails for spotter, bino adapter, and one for a phone to make taking critter pics solo much easier! I will probably do a clamp for the gun vs putting a rail on my gun.

Kenetrek Boots

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Flickted
Back