Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Gallatin Canyon Wall Tent Homicide

Hard to speculate. It could have just been some deranged person that started chopping dude. That’s nuttier than squirrel shit I know that… maybe I will take the heater even if there ain’t bears… sad, man.

Sooooo ... if you are prudent in practicing vigilance and security while a homicidal maniac is at large ... then YOU are "doing something wrong"? 'Don't savvy that.
Putting yourself in a position like that is the mistake. Camp elsewhere, stay in a hotel etc. It's like when someone says they only carry a gun when they go to a certain place...why are you going to a place that you feel is dangerous? Wasn't directed at you, and of course the suspect is the only bad guy in the equation, just personally wouldn't put myself in a situation like that to begin with.

Putting yourself in a position like that is the mistake. Camp elsewhere, stay in a hotel etc. It's like when someone says they only carry a gun when they go to a certain place...why are you going to a place that you feel is dangerous? Wasn't directed at you, and of course the suspect is the only bad guy in the equation, just personally wouldn't put myself in a situation like that to begin with.

This is a popular recreation area for undeveloped camping, hunting and ATV riding. No history of trouble at all.

Every camp should have a trail cam on it.
I sleep better with a couple of dogs around. But I usually leave them home with the family for protection when I'm away.
It doesn't matter 22lr or 44mag you gotta be awake to defend yourself.

This is creepy. My boss, a co-worker and I were shooting our rifles right at that intersection on Sunday. A couple of sheriffs deputies rolled by and stopped up the road a couple hundred yards right as we started shooting. I walked over to check in with them to make sure we weren’t going to make them nervous if there was a situation going on. They said we were fine and they were just checking something out.

😳😳😳😳
Unsettling Gerald...

Ed and I spent three consecutive nights sleeping 150 yards from this dead elk that a sow and cub grizzly were feeding on. She was a good bear and didn’t bother us. Even so, we abandoned that spot immediately upon discovering that elk.

Reading this, I would rather camp beside the dead elk.IMG_1838.jpegIMG_1835.jpeg

I never turn my back to people I meet in the woods. Might let my guard down if they have kids but outside that. Nope. One time I was up bear creek and a couple granola ladies coming down the trail made a comment to save a bear and use my spray of which I had both on my belt. I commented who said the sidearm was for protection from bears?

Back