From the blind

wytex

Lets see some pics from your hunting blind or spot this archery season, tree stands included.
We're ground "blind" types of hunters.
Find a nice spot with some concealment and have a sit.

Did a little WT hunting this weekend. I sat a hay meadow that they were travelling and feeding through. No shots but had a little velvet spike at 10 yds.

20240901_173916 copy.jpg

I've thought about going for early teal often but the weather keeps me doing other things.
It’s my favorite hunt of the season. Less other hunters out, lots of other wildlife to watch that I normally don’t get to later in the fall, and teal are stupid.

My current treestand view. Sitting over a torn up trail that’s going between some mountain top meadows and drops off into a steep nasty hell hole. Not sure why I waste my time doing this because I’ve been told you can’t kill mule deer or elk from a tree stand! 😉 This year mule deer and bear tags in my wallet and I have until Saturday to get it done. So far had 3 deer and 2 raghorns pass by.IMG_3129.jpeg

One of the turkey hunts from the blind.
IMG_3240.jpeg

One of the turkey hunts in the blind, hen was within arms distance of my brother, never spooked. Zoom in right in the middle.
IMG_3934.png

Turkeys from the deer stand.
IMG_0323.jpeg

Doe down from the deer stand.
IMG_0364.jpeg

Watching a meteor enter the atmosphere while in the duck blind.
IMG_2387.jpeg

Well, my wife shot a real nice bear!
Pretty sure that bear is in Swamp Thing’s HOA… talk about a nasty swamp!
Finally got it out and to the butchers to freeze overnight and hopefully get some better pictures tomorrow and show our 4 and 6 year old. They were pretty excited all summer long running baits and checking cameras, and they knew she had hit one so they’ll be buzzing, I’m sure.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Back Tracker
Back