Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Ford guys - 5.0 or 3.5 eco boost?

Why aren't you building a Ford? mtmuley
Excursions don’t do it for me and Suburbans do.

If a F250 had the same interior as a F150 I would be driving that. A F150 didn’t meet my towing requirements. The Chevy I bought did on paper. However, That ford was the most comfortable pickup I’ve ever owned. It just was a turd when anything was hooked to the ball or when I did mountain driving.

Ever drive a big diesel truck in extreme mountain conditions? You seem to be an expert in almost everything. Enlighten me. mtmuley
Let me tell ya as a diesel truck driver damn right would I drive it in the mountains and better yet I'll pull the mountains so all the little f150s can pass thru

Depends on the tires I do fine without my chains and I live in the hollers
Depends on what kind of snow and mountains we’re talking about… Some of the most horribly stuck trucks I’ve ever seen have been diesels on big mud tires. Especially on steep, icy mountain roads. Give me a gas half ton or 3/4 ton any day for a hunting rig.

Depends on what kind of snow and mountains we’re talking about… Some of the most horribly stuck trucks I’ve ever seen have been diesels on big mud tires. Especially on steep, icy mountain roads. Give me a gas half ton or 3/4 ton any day for a hunting rig.
Heres my daily and it's pretty good on ice and snow and as far as icy mountain roads we have a few but not to bad. Also why would one wanna be on a icy mountain road?

Attachments

• 1000002598.jpg
    1000002598.jpg
    205.6 KB · Views: 30
Take it easy, slick. Hollers ain't mountains. And at 17 just about everyone here has spent more time filling up than you've been alive!
Explain what this road is then. Also i have definitely spent more money on filing up1000000045.jpg

My 17 year old (at the time) driving my 5.0 down a mountain road. Lol. At least it wasn't snowing like the previous weekend when we went down the same road.

Joking aside, I have an 11 5.0. Lost the number 8 cylinder at about 170k. Not sure the underlying reason. Put in a crate motor. I like it better than I liked my 03 Dodge 3/4 with the 5.7. More power than the Chevy 350's I had before.

Attachments

• 20221028_173147.jpg
    20221028_173147.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 16
  • 20221028_173151.jpg
    20221028_173151.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 16
Back