Football General Talk

Agree, of course not- ARod is way past his prime, and Davante is likely a bit past peak as well.

The old 49er philosophy of getting rid of players a year too soon vs year too late is often unpopular with the fans, but usually the best bet for team in the long term.
Absolutely why Bill the sithlord did so well in NE.

Didnt pay anyone for very long. Helps to have the goat for a discount forever too - but he simply didnt pay anyone for very long.

Davante Adams has wanted to get back with Rodgers since they were seperated. I have said many times, Rodgers made Adams look better than he was. I have not seen Adams play but a few times with the Raiders and Rodgers is a shell of himself from the past. I do not see this being the successful partnership they had with the Packers.
No. Adams is very good. He had 2 good years in LV and was a freak in college.

If anything Adams has helped Arod imo.

When those two were humming, it was a thing of beauty. But the Pack had an outstanding O-Line and a good run game during that time too. Most effective weapon for a passing game is time.

Again, goes back to franchise discipline- rather than blowing their load on position players (Dallas…), the Pack tends to value O-line pretty high in the early and mid rounds of the draft, as well as through contracts.

This feels weird and illogical, but I would absolutely root for the Lions if they make the big show. I could never in a million years say that about the Vikes or Bears, and I’m sure that is mutual for most fans of those teams.

It will be interesting to see if the Jets get a turn around going with the reunion of Rodgers/Adams, I have my doubts. In the middle of the whole current shit show, now Adams needs to get up to speed on a system seemingly in chaos. Currently they're looking to unload Williams. It's an organization in turmoil, and once again Rodgers has his finger prints all over everything. Hell of a QB, terrible general manager. As a Packers fan, never thought I'd say good riddance to Rodgers, but it's been refreshing.

This feels weird and illogical, but I would absolutely root for the Lions if they make the big show. I could never in a million years say that about the Vikes or Bears, and I’m sure that is mutual for most fans of those teams.
Until the Vikes get theirs, I will begrudge all others. After we get one, I welcome all teams to win (except for the Patriots, Eagles and Cowboys) - yes, even the Packers.

It will be interesting to see if the Jets get a turn around going with the reunion of Rodgers/Adams, I have my doubts. In the middle of the whole current shit show, now Adams needs to get up to speed on a system seemingly in chaos. Currently they're looking to unload Williams. It's an organization in turmoil, and once again Rodgers has his finger prints all over everything. Hell of a QB, terrible general manager. As a Packers fan, never thought I'd say good riddance to Rodgers, but it's been refreshing.
I am not sure 10 back shoulder fades to Adams per game will have the same impact in 2024 as it did in 2016.

I can think of a few other reasons to hate the Cowboys, but it starts with Drew Pearson getting away with that push off.

Before the merger, when it came down to the Cowboys or the Packers, I rooted for the Cowboys. I liked Don Meredith, Walt Garrison, Dan Reeves, Bullet Bob Hayes and Bob Lilly.

So long as Jerry Jones owns the team, I think that the distain for the Cowboys will come easily. There would need to be a cooling off period, if he sells the team. So, I do not think rooting for the Cowboys will ever come about in my remaining years.

GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
homer1983
Back