Finally Own a 270 Winchester…….

ismith

Should I go with 130 grain Partitions/Accubonds @ 3100 fps as a standard load? Anyone still use this antediluvian chambering? Is it ok to buy the fixed 4x or do I need something more telescopic?

Attachments

• IMG_3349.jpeg
    IMG_3349.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 145
  • IMG_3350.jpeg
    IMG_3350.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 144
Nice looking rifle. I shoot a .270. Still kills stuff. Right now shooting 130 tsx, but I like the 140 accubond a lot.

Welcome to the club.

I'm fairly new to the 270 Win also having purchased a Ruger 77 MKII Stainless with the Zytel synthetic stock. Aka the boat paddle.

Finally own a 270 that I'm not going to rebarrel to something else.

For practice and load development, I'm shooting the 140gr SST.
For hunting I'll switch over to the 140gr NBT.

Wow, you didn't mess around when you got a .270. Congratulations on a beautiful rifle.

I hunt with several rifles including a 270 but the only 3 of my hunting buddies that have been hunting for more than 35 years with the same chambering shoot 270s.
All deer hunters mostly and very practical thinking type fellas all.

Let's hear the provenance of that purty thang? Do you have an affinity for lower fixed power optics?

One caliber I should have owned. I have a 270WSM and it was my favorite. Now you got me thinking. Beautiful.

How are we not talking about the rifle? AAA/Exhibition grade wood, Pre64 action, Skip Line checkering, Shadowline cheekpiece, and while I can't be sure, I wanna bet that the grip cap is skeletonized, and maybe the butt plate too.
Artwork that Al Biesen would be proud of and Jack O.C. would be proud to own! Beautiful.

How are we not talking about the rifle? AAA/Exhibition grade wood, Pre64 action, Skip Line checkering, Shadowline cheekpiece, and while I can't be sure, I wanna bet that the grip cap is skeletonized, and maybe the butt plate too.
Artwork that Al Biesen would be proud of and Jack O.C. would be proud to own! Beautiful.
IIRC, @ismith stables an enviable collection of fine platforms...

NEW Sitka Ambient 75

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fishonfleek
Back