Finally Own a 270 Winchester…….

How are we not talking about the rifle? AAA/Exhibition grade wood, Pre64 action, Skip Line checkering, Shadowline cheekpiece, and while I can't be sure, I wanna bet that the grip cap is skeletonized, and maybe the butt plate too.
Artwork that Al Biesen would be proud of and Jack O.C. would be proud to own! Beautiful.
It has a Biesen butt plate and grip cap.

130 or 140 gr. Accubonds for everything. Use 130 or 140 gr. Ballistic tips for practice. You might find they shoot the same load as the Accubonds like and very close to same POI. Use those for coyotes and other varmints also.

Beautiful rifle, it is certainly more handsome than my 50 year old Remington BDL in .270.

I've used 130 grain bullets of various sorts for everything. The bull elk I killed last fall was the first animal I've shot with a mono bullet, a Hornady GMX. It killed him very cleanly, with virtually no blood shot meat.

I had a Redfield Widefield in 4x on it for a long long time. The scope began to show its age. It now has a Leopold FXIII 6x42 scope on it.

Enjoy your new rifle.

P
While never a fan of the Model 70, I appreciate them for what they are. A 50 year old Remington BDL is a damn handsome rifle. mtmuley
Push Feed vs control feed?

The model 70 I have alas is a push feed but it’s grandpas gun so dosent really matter haha

While never a fan of the Model 70, I appreciate them for what they are. A 50 year old Remington BDL is a damn handsome rifle. mtmuley
This 40 year old Remington Classic 30-06 was one of three my Dad received in trade for his restocked Model 70 270. It is the most valuable rifle I own sentimental value wise.

Attachments

• IMG_3359.png
    IMG_3359.png
    4.6 MB · Views: 20

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rut
Back