MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Extreme hunting pressure in region 7.

Having hunted portions of R7 for the past 28 years, I agree with the comments about how bad R7 has gotten. Pretty disgusting how much good habitat there is, yet so few animals. Just spent two days antelope hunting the district north of the river last Tuesday and Wednesday. Hunted a BMA and public. Antelope numbers are down for sure but we had no trouble finding huntable antelope. Surprisingly, only saw a few people driving the roads but no one out hiking. one truck we saw drove to the end of a road, turned around. We pulled up to the end of the road, walked a half mile over the ridge and found a herd of 25 with 11 bucks. Had no trouble filling 3 tags in 2 days. I was expecting it to be significantly worse. Would be nice if they kept the tags low but I doubt it.

All types of hunters in my experience. The locals know who's home and when. They know if an old rancher can't get around well anymore. They know the roads wardens patrol. NRs are usually cautious about where they are at but they sure shoot the shit out of mule deer fork horns.
Oh yeah sure, it’s definitely the locals.

All types of hunters in my experience. The locals know who's home and when. They know if an old rancher can't get around well anymore. They know the roads wardens patrol. NRs are usually cautious about where they are at but they sure shoot the shit out of mule deer fork horns.

The locals you know have way more knowledge of the landowners and wardens than the locals I know.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aimless
Back