Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Elk processor near Colorado Springs Area >

TNHUNTER

Any recommendation on an elk processor in/around Colorado Springs area? Have a CO muzzleloader hunt near Gunnison and this would be on the way back home if successful. Any recommendations are appreciated...

Ted Baker's out in Falcon just east of Colorado Springs does good work. Not sure how long you have to wait but you could call and talk to them and see what they could offer if you're successful

You will drive past Crippens on Hwy 24 in Lake George. Used them many times, would recommend.
Crippens would be an excellent choice. We also have used them many times. Adjacent to their walk-in freezer and counter is a large window where you can watch them process the meat. They are very flexible, clean and reasonable on all their prices.

Any recommendation on an elk processor in/around Colorado Springs area? Have a CO muzzleloader hunt near Gunnison and this would be on the way back home if successful. Any recommendations are appreciated...
Ted Baker Processing is another processor I have used several times. His prices are competitive, does excellent work, is very clean, but I do not know how flexible he may. He's location on Peyton Highway, south of US 24 in Peyton.

Another vote for Crippen's. Good work at a fair price. Also have used Baker. Work was good but I brought in a cow quartered and they charged me for skinning (I believe it was $50-now would be $75)......because I had about a 4"x4" patch of hide with proof of sex attached to one of the rears. NOT happy about that.

Another vote for Crippen's. Good work at a fair price. Also have used Baker. Work was good but I brought in a cow quartered and they charged me for skinning (I believe it was $50-now would be $75)......because I had about a 4"x4" patch of hide with proof of sex attached to one of the rears. NOT happy about that.
That was at Crippen's or Baker's ?

Back