Yeti GOBOX Collection

Elk .... Let's see them!!!

My 16 year old boy is showing me up. He had already passed on some spikes. Pulled him out of school because I new this bull was hitting a wallow. I can't pass an elk up so I was already tagged out on a raggy. I am so damned proud of this boy. He and the bull are beasts.
Great dad move pulling him out of school. Nice job!

You could generalize that statement even further by saying accubonds don't bounce off of anything.
Despite my handle this bull was actually taken with a 156 Berger, but all of my other bulls have been taken with the Accubond and my brother's bull from this same trip was taken through both shoulders with a 200 grain Accubond out of his 300 Ultra, needless to say that one didn't go far😉.

Heres an 175 accubond long range from a 28 nosler at 98 yards. Went through the front shoulder and passed through almost full length of the body to up against the skin in front of the right hip. Second shot passed completely through. Not bad for almost max velocity.

Attachments

• IMG_6798.jpeg
    IMG_6798.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 15
  • IMG_6797.jpeg
    IMG_6797.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 15
Speaking of bullets, when you shoot a muzzy bullet at under 1700fps and it leaves no bloodshot meat at all, but makes jelly out of the lungs, make sure that you recover both bullets prior to grinding the burger. The one bullet we found buried in the off side shoulder, the one we didn't was in the neck meat that went through the grinder. Made lots of noise and halted the process.IMG_1761.jpgIMG_1762.jpg

It took three pics to cover the whole herd. About a mile from the house. Wife loves it when I drive off to hunt someplace and go past these guys. Guess I know what the error message was!

Back