Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Elk Hunting Knives........

Just what is printed on it. Imperial. I've had it 35 years or so. I love the contour. Probably could have a custom made to match with better steel. mtmuley
I have one I inherited from somehwere as well. It’s ridden in various vehicles as a backup for a couple decades. I’ve had some trouble getting it to keep an edge. Maybe I should take a closer look again if it’s served you that well.

Hope @Big Fin is okay with this and I'm not soliciting.... but I have to say I've completely fallen in love with this system. I carry more blades than just the ones that come with it and I sharpen them all at home. Yes, the steel isn't the best and they don't hold their edge forever, but it also makes me feel less bad if I need to sharpen them on a rock, and I've still got more blades. I also usually carry some kind of folder. Right now it's a Kershaw.

https://www.gerbergear.com/en-us/shop/knives/all-knives/randy-newberg-ebs-30-001762

I won’t be hunting Elk this year, and with my age, and finances, it’ll most likely just continue to be a dream of mine….
However, I will be deer hunting,and this will be what I carry with me into the woods this season.

IMG_5971.jpegIMG_5975.jpegIMG_5972.jpegIMG_5973.jpeg

My dad gave me this knife in 1966. I have field dressed, at least partially, every big game animal I have ever killed, and a bunch of other people's animals, with this knife. I thought I lost it in the fire, but I found it nine months later in the bottom of the duffel I threw my clothes in when I evacuated. I don't remember when or why I put that knife in there.

I always have at least one other knife in my pack. Right now, I have an Outdoor Edge with extra blades in there.

knife.JPG

Obviously not the original sheath.

2 new elk knives for this year.
MKC w/5" blade just came. Reminds me of a K-bar. All black. tac belt sheild. I ordered a leather scabbard.
A woodsmans knife. Will break anything down.

Too bad ,No tag. LOL But hopefully use them on my buddies tag.

Ran the kestrel mountain scalpel and the outdoor edge flip and blaze. It works great!

What stock do you start with (flat, sheet, blanks)? I’ve been thinking about making a couple knives for myself & friends, but don’t want to mess with getting an anvil or space to do all the hand forging again.
I’m not NDGuy, but I can tell you what I do.
I get my steel from Alpha Knife Supply.
I usually get it in 1.5” x 24” x 1/8”.
I don’t have an anvil and I don’t forge. Just grind.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozarkhuntress
Back