Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

easy mods to increase hauling capacity atv decks? This cannot stand man.

Just an idea but could a guy add a basket to the tow hitch similar to deer haulers we see in vehicles?

Another vote for getting a small trailer. You can find them used for fairly cheap, and you'd be surprised how much they come in handy for yard work and stuff as well.

I totally get it – hauling all that gear on an ATV can be a real pain when you're trying to stay organized. You might want to check out the Dry Water Adventure dry bag – it comes in a 120L size, so you can throw all your gear (bow, food, camp supplies) into one bag instead of strapping down a ton of different containers. I’ve found it’s way easier to manage than a bunch of smaller bags. I basically daisy chain 3 120's together with the straps that are included. Make sure to get the "Rocky series". That is the one with the tie down straps.

The bag’s got great straps for tie-downs, so you can secure it to your ATV deck without worrying about it moving around. And since it's built tough and waterproof, you won't have to worry about your stuff getting wet or dirty on the trail. It’s a game-changer for staying organized and saves a ton of hassle when setting up or breaking down camp.

Might be worth a look if you’re trying to simplify your gear load without going the trailer route!

I totally get it – hauling all that gear on an ATV can be a real pain when you're trying to stay organized. You might want to check out the Dry Water Adventure dry bag – it comes in a 120L size, so you can throw all your gear (bow, food, camp supplies) into one bag instead of strapping down a ton of different containers. I’ve found it’s way easier to manage than a bunch of smaller bags. I basically daisy chain 3 120's together with the straps that are included. Make sure to get the "Rocky series". That is the one with the tie down straps.

The bag’s got great straps for tie-downs, so you can secure it to your ATV deck without worrying about it moving around. And since it's built tough and waterproof, you won't have to worry about your stuff getting wet or dirty on the trail. It’s a game-changer for staying organized and saves a ton of hassle when setting up or breaking down camp.

Might be worth a look if you’re trying to simplify your gear load without going the trailer route!
Welcome to HT. Does promo code 'randy' work at the checkout?

Used someone else's ATV for my last hunt. Strapping stuff to an ATV sucks. I have a sturdy wooden/milk crate set up on mine that just makes everything easier. More anchor points, tie downs, etc.

Still made it work but continuously readjusting straps drove me nuts. I ended up strapping down a Pelican case that I used to store stuff in for the rest of the hunt.

1000007761.jpg

1000007709.jpg

Used someone else's ATV for my last hunt. Strapping stuff to an ATV sucks. I have a sturdy wooden/milk crate set up on mine that just makes everything easier. More anchor points, tie downs, etc.

Still made it work but continuously readjusting straps drove me nuts. I ended up strapping down a Pelican case that I used to store stuff in for the rest of the hunt.

View attachment 342066

View attachment 342067Beautiful pictures. I want to be there now...

How nice are the tie downs on this? I had another bag that I used ratchet straps with and the bag slipped out on me once.

I was doing an oil change on my Ski yesterday and decided to throw my bag on to show it off to the neighbor. I think these pics show off the capacity and ability to strap it down pretty well.20240929_090712.jpg20240929_090726.jpg20240929_090734.jpg20240929_090847.jpg

Nice those look good. How big are they?

Looks like a nice toy shed also!
The bag in the picture is 120 liters. I know they have a 60 liter as well. For the ATV I usually stack 2 bags together and tie them down. I do the 120 Liter on the bottom and a 80 Liter on the top. It also serves as is a nice back rest ;).

Receiver hitch in back. put a hitch basket in it, preferably with a rise at the hitch to get more clearance. Then it will be unrideable fore and aft as well as side to side. Trailer is the way to go, or make more trips. I've seen atv rack extenders for front and rear that go beyond the factory racks and drop lower beyond the ends of the factory racks to lower center of gravity. None of which is what the manufacturer engineered your quad for, all of which put rider and machine @ risk. Retired ATV riding instructor now yields the soapbox.
1727997261010.png

Last edited:
I'd either get a trailer to take less stuff.

We have many times in the past, hauled a bou, our camp/gear out in one trip on my ATV. Its the 2 up model, so has a bit more length to haul stuff. It goes slow but it works.

We pack light, camp/gear all up is usually less than 30lbs a pack (3-4 day trips at most).

I have a small trailer, but never use it. My racks have lots of tie down points and rails, which makes a huge difference.

1727983906500.png

Going in heavy, and we came out heavy. 3 packs, and two of the guys walked in 10 miles. Makes a huge difference when you're not carrying anything.
1727984011974.png

This model works better, but sucks balls when you get stuck.
1727984140236.png

I'd either get a trailer to take less stuff.

We have many times in the past, hauled a bou, our camp/gear out in one trip on my ATV. Its the 2 up model, so has a bit more length to haul stuff. It goes slow but it works.

We pack light, camp/gear all up is usually less than 30lbs a pack (3-4 day trips at most).

I have a small trailer, but never use it. My racks have lots of tie down points and rails, which makes a huge difference.

View attachment 343143

Going in heavy, and we came out heavy. 3 packs, and two of the guys walked in 10 miles. Makes a huge difference when you're not carrying anything.
View attachment 343144

This model works better, but sucks balls when you get stuck.
View attachment 343145
That case of beer looks like its not going to make it over the first bump :)

Great advice. I ended up buying a 120L rubberized bag at half price that worked perfectly.
I bought the “luggage” vs duffel model as it was more like,a. big cube shape, perfect to back rack of ATV. That with a big storage tub from Lowes allowed riding in a luxurious camp. 6 m a tent, cot….small yeti for a few premade meals.

Half price bc I bought 50% off Kenetrek gift cards when that sale happened early this year. Still wonder why kenetrek did that sale but happy they did.

Attachments

• IMG_2014.jpeg
    IMG_2014.jpeg
    1,010.5 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_0793.jpeg
    IMG_0793.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 9
Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member