Advertisement

easy mods to increase hauling capacity atv decks? This cannot stand man.

I just load mine but I do have a deck in rear and rack on front. My front rack holds a long milk crate and that's very helpful for a collect all.
IMG_20220621_124821.jpg

Just an idea but could a guy add a basket to the tow hitch similar to deer haulers we see in vehicles?

Another vote for getting a small trailer. You can find them used for fairly cheap, and you'd be surprised how much they come in handy for yard work and stuff as well.

I totally get it – hauling all that gear on an ATV can be a real pain when you're trying to stay organized. You might want to check out the Dry Water Adventure dry bag – it comes in a 120L size, so you can throw all your gear (bow, food, camp supplies) into one bag instead of strapping down a ton of different containers. I’ve found it’s way easier to manage than a bunch of smaller bags. I basically daisy chain 3 120's together with the straps that are included. Make sure to get the "Rocky series". That is the one with the tie down straps.

The bag’s got great straps for tie-downs, so you can secure it to your ATV deck without worrying about it moving around. And since it's built tough and waterproof, you won't have to worry about your stuff getting wet or dirty on the trail. It’s a game-changer for staying organized and saves a ton of hassle when setting up or breaking down camp.

Might be worth a look if you’re trying to simplify your gear load without going the trailer route!

I totally get it – hauling all that gear on an ATV can be a real pain when you're trying to stay organized. You might want to check out the Dry Water Adventure dry bag – it comes in a 120L size, so you can throw all your gear (bow, food, camp supplies) into one bag instead of strapping down a ton of different containers. I’ve found it’s way easier to manage than a bunch of smaller bags. I basically daisy chain 3 120's together with the straps that are included. Make sure to get the "Rocky series". That is the one with the tie down straps.

The bag’s got great straps for tie-downs, so you can secure it to your ATV deck without worrying about it moving around. And since it's built tough and waterproof, you won't have to worry about your stuff getting wet or dirty on the trail. It’s a game-changer for staying organized and saves a ton of hassle when setting up or breaking down camp.

Might be worth a look if you’re trying to simplify your gear load without going the trailer route!
Welcome to HT. Does promo code 'randy' work at the checkout?

Used someone else's ATV for my last hunt. Strapping stuff to an ATV sucks. I have a sturdy wooden/milk crate set up on mine that just makes everything easier. More anchor points, tie downs, etc.

Still made it work but continuously readjusting straps drove me nuts. I ended up strapping down a Pelican case that I used to store stuff in for the rest of the hunt.

1000007761.jpg

1000007709.jpg

Used someone else's ATV for my last hunt. Strapping stuff to an ATV sucks. I have a sturdy wooden/milk crate set up on mine that just makes everything easier. More anchor points, tie downs, etc.

Still made it work but continuously readjusting straps drove me nuts. I ended up strapping down a Pelican case that I used to store stuff in for the rest of the hunt.

View attachment 342066

View attachment 342067Beautiful pictures. I want to be there now...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PrestonThayne
Back