Dropped onx and went to Gaia

ccc23454

Made the swap, tired of issues with onx and trying out Gaia. So far i like app and map selection is incredible, i really like the topo choices. One thing i noticed so far is i like the way onx shows MVUM roads better but that is likely just going to take getting use to or finding a different map overlay. Anyone have any map packs or overlays they really like?

Made the swap, tired of issues with onx and trying out Gaia. So far i like app and map selection is incredible, i really like the topo choices. One thing i noticed so far is i like the way onx shows MVUM roads better but that is likely just going to take getting use to or finding a different map overlay. Anyone have any map packs or overlays they really like?
I use both. I use Gaia 95% of the time, ONX 5% of the time.

I like that Gaia has hierarchical folder so I store waypoints in a folder structure like: hunting/2024/pheasants/MT

I like the high resolution imagery in Gaia and ability to label waypoints such as "Flushed rooster 1-Nov-2023".

I also like that in Gaia private land layer I can see exactly what the landowner name is and how many acres the parcel is.

I’m trying to figure out who between the two has the best and most accurate motor vehicle utility map (MVUM).

I don’t want to sign up for Gaia’s trial to see their map layers.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CodyL
Back