Kenetrek Boots

Do you use a scope with target turrets?

Do you have a scope to make field vertical adjustments on turrets?

• Yes

Votes: 88 73.9%
  • No

Votes: 31 26.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Why is shooting at targets further than you intend to hunt animals bad? It makes you a better shot - not worse.
Never said it was bad. Just not my thing.
99.9% of my kills in 35 years have been under 200 yds. Probably majority under 100 yds.
But if it makes you feel better I did shoot a 17" antelope at 450 yds once.

I have cds scopes on the last 2 rifles I bought. It’s made me become a better shooter since I’ve done a lot more shooting after running calculations and then verifying everything. I’ve also gotten better at reloading as well.

I think social media has a huge effect in many ways. We all know a lot of people that need to have those pics on Facebook, Instagram, etc to feel acknowledged as a “good hunter”. Those guys are always going to push the envelope. If they could only use recurves and couldn’t hit a paper plate at 20, they’ll still be launching arrows at a bull at 50. Or shooting open sight muzzleloaders at 200+ for the off chance they hit that big buck. I still like the idea of limiting technology as a means of still providing more hunting opportunities. At the end of the day, I think we’re definitely headed toward more limited entry hunting throughout the west because of this technology. And it’s not just hunting gear. Look at the insane mapping technology and land ownership type mapping as well. I’m not as good at coming up with solutions to these issues as many of you are, but I definitely see major changes having to come with how we’ve changed as hunters as a whole.

I have turret on most of my rifles.
But I practice out to 1000yds.
Haven't shot a animal past 510yds.
Out to 300yds depending on your cartridge if your sited in at 200 you should be fine.

Having the capacity....I have killed a few big game animals beyond 500 meters, but in my 56 years of hunting with a rifle, most have been 200 and in, and that's the way it'll stay.

I do a little bow hunting too....View attachment 339026
Man on of these days I’m gonna get a recurve and give it hell.

Yes,

I have 1 mile, 1.5 mile, 2,3,4 mile markings, so I can be like the guys on TV

I also use a 10 mile rangefinder with heat signatures.

@psinclair , you are way too serious for me. I'm in the see it, shoot it, eat it group. That's of course if I don't have to walk to far to retrieve it. I really do admire the dedication and time spent actually hunting, I just don't have it in me anymore.

Outstanding ES & SD Pat!

Nice to see you posting again......maybe some of these folks can learn something.

:)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozarkhuntress
Back