Do you use a scope with target turrets?

Do you have a scope to make field vertical adjustments on turrets?

• Yes

Votes: 88 73.9%
  • No

Votes: 31 26.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Not many options for scopes without turrets I recently discovered. I just bought a Maven 2-10x38. Not expecting any fumbling when it comes to the shot.😉

Betcha a dollar most don't know what MPBR is. Trying to explain it isn't easy.
Explaining MPBR is easy: It's the Maximum Range where the path of the bullet doesn't go more than say 3.5" above or below the line of sight to your target. So you just aim Point Blank at the center of the animal's vital zone and shoot.

For over 40 years I had a Leupold M8 6X scope on my .257 Ackley which is my deer and antelope rifle. It's MPBR was (if I remember right) 320 yards. So for all of the deer, antelope, Dall and Bighorn rams that I shot with that rifle. So I just aimed just behind the animal's front leg and 1/3 up into his body and squeezed the trigger.

In all of my hunting, I think that I can count on one hand the number of big game animals that I hav shot at over 350 yards.

@Redmt I'll PM you my offshore bank account number for my dollar. 😄

For the original question of this thread, I now have Leupold CDS scopes on many of my rifles. The scope on my .300 Weatherby has a 200 yard zero, all the others are zeroed at 100 yds.

On the top of the range turret, I have painted a white dot at the zero point, then I painted white lines at the field verified impact points at 200, 300, and 430 yards (the farthest target berm at our range).

fReIjY3l.jpg

I practice weekly with two of my rifles at the 200, 300, and 430 yard 9" steel gongs at our range, so I just lay down prone, dial my range turret mark to the range that I'm shooting, and ring the gong.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rut
Back