Do you use a scope with target turrets?

Do you have a scope to make field vertical adjustments on turrets?

• Yes

Votes: 88 73.9%
  • No

Votes: 31 26.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Forkyfinder

Curious based on the Idaho thread - how many of you use a "target turret" or cds style optic?

Last edited:
What is the Idaho proposal? All I saw was that Idaho was forming a group of citizens to discuss hunting technology. There was no mention of specifics like scopes with turrets that I saw.

We should go back to 1/2-whole minute of animal holds. When I was a kid growing up hunting can’t tell you how many stories I heard from those ethical old timers. They were so proud they could whack a deer at 3-500 by holding x number of deer bodies over it with their 06 or 7mm or whatever other “flat” chooter they choose.

Last edited:
What is the Idaho proposal? All I saw was that Idaho was forming a group of citizens to discuss hunting technology. There was no mention of specifics like scopes with turrets that I saw.
Amended to say "thread"

What change would you recommend then you spend way more time behind a rifle than I do. Seriousl question I’m not being a ahole
3-9 power fixed duplex reticle limited me pretty substantially growing up to shots 300 or less and even then anything over 300 was a holdover guess for a kid that didn’t understand ballistics yet. Straight 6 seemed to be pretty popular with the old guys I grew up hunting with and it was shit luck if they hit anything over 400 yards

3-9 power fixed duplex reticle limited me pretty substantially growing up to shots 300 or less and even then anything over 300 was a holdover guess for a kid that didn’t understand ballistics yet. Straight 6 seemed to be pretty popular with the old guys I grew up hunting with and it was shit luck if they hit anything over 400 yards
Top of the back hold man. mtmuley

What change would you recommend then you spend way more time behind a rifle than I do. Seriousl question I’m not being a ahole
I suppose if it’s a problem we either gotta put more animals on the landscape or less tags in peoples pockets. like when there’s a drought or disease and biologists adjust quotas,dates, etc. People are more successful because they are better marksman and technology, adjust the rules. Too bad so sad. Manage game based on the reality on the ground.

No first focal plane scopes 10 power max, and 2 moa minimum reticle. lol?

I suppose if it’s a problem we either gotta put more animals on the landscape or less tags in peoples pockets. like when there’s a drought or disease and biologists adjust quotas,dates, etc. People are more successful because they are better marksman and technology, adjust the rules. Too bad so sad. Manage game based on the reality on the ground.
I’d agree it’s come back to the management of animals by fwp. I get people getting tired of sneaking in on an animal to only have some dude blast it from another zip code. The funny thing is those people would also throw a fit about any sort of change unless it had zero impact on their camp

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rut
Back