Did anyone see this?

Over the years I had to transport a number of people convicted of homicide or other violent felonies to court or the Dr. During those times there would be conversations with them. Sometimes about their situations or whatever to pass the time. To speak with most of them on the street under normal conditions you would never have a clue of what they were capable of. Others not so much. Myself and another Deputy transported Peter Duncan McKensie back to Prison the last time he was sentenced to death. He had no remorse at all, but you knew he would kill you in a second to escape. He ended up getting the needle. Took about 20 years for it to happen but it did happen. That case was taught at the Mt. Law Enforcement Acadamy. The Pondera County S. O. did an amazing investigation gathering evidence and finding the guy responsible.

The moral of my story is that some can and will fly under the radar for a long time. But that can change in a moment when that one little piece of the puzzle pop's up. Thank God for the cold case units.

So I never made the connection until the other thread a minute ago. This was the same guy who we just passed. That many members knew personally?
Yes, the other thread blew up once the news broke last week and was deleted. He was a well known member here that lots of guys knew personally.

Yep. Monsters walk among us, and even the closest people to them don’t know. I had a particularly memorable experience with one at 13. Made it out alive, but for a minute I didn’t think anyone would see me again. He’s facing life in federal prison now, but it took decades and other survivors before he could be charged.

Peace to family involved on both sides.

Last edited:
Crazily, there was another Paul Hutchinson who did almost the exact same crime, but in England. It took 26 years and DNA to catch him. Thankfully lots of these monsters are going to be caught now that there are huge DNA registers that cooperate with law enforcement.

Back