Caribou Gear

Corner Crossing latest

At this point I'd be surprised if it comes out before hunting season. Could lead to chaos and confusion with hunter g&f and landowners

At this point I'd be surprised if it comes out before hunting season. Could lead to chaos and confusion with hunter g&f and landowners
I seriously doubt the appeals court cares about such things. It is regulated by their work load. Someone who practices before that court would probably have a good idea of their average and worst case pendency numbers, as well as whether they have a high number of open seats that would stretch those out. And either way there is a window of uncertainty for SCOTUS process too - disagreement and chaos will be the order of the day on this issue for sometime to come.

Their current pendency from filing to final resolution is about 10 months, but that includes some portion of cases resolved sooner than final opinion stage so is likely skewed to being quicker than we should routinely expect. So call it 10-12 months.

We are at the 9th month since appeal so we will hear in the coming month or two (or 3) if their pendency rates are predictive.

Sorry to wllm fans - no graphs coming from me to elucidate.

Last edited:
So I'm thinking their decision comes out just after hunting season closes and that gives our state a year to get some legislation passed addressing this.

How a state could respond will depend on exactly how the court writes its ruling. These things are rarely as straightforward as folks would like them to be.

As long as the issue is socially contentious/debated, the opposing sides will still thrash around and create ambiguity and confusion as well as to continue to press tweaks or even reversals. For example, it would only take a 1 sentence rider in DC to reverse a favorable court ruling.

Anyone who watches our laws over time cannot be comforted that a single appellate court ruling will carry the day over the long term. This court ruling cannot displace the day-to-day efforts of public land advocates. This will just be one positive step (assuming the hunters win this one) in a long journey to truly cement the public's access to the public's land across the country. We will need to stay vigilant, get/stay active locally, vote for candidates (especially for sheriff, district attorney/attorney general, and state legislature) that share our values, and to continue to support our public land advocacy organizations.

Last edited:
Seems states with enough public land advocates would be better off with ballot initiatives for woofs lawful access to / from public lands at corner points... Appears nothing stops initiatives. Concrete! Ask Colorado.

/Implied humor.

Focussing on being great dad, husband, employee and public land hunter rather than squabbling on HT.
Be real. The boss pulled out Thor's hammer... When you have 30k+ posts within five years... A bit obsessive. Within those posts, many great charts/graphs/hunting experiences shared though that's a hell of a lot of keyboard time.

1723820072319.png

/humor implied. Enjoy the "dude". He still lurks. Easy under new "Privacy settings".

Be real. The boss pulled out Thor's hammer... When you have 30k+ posts within five years... A bit obsessive. Within those posts, many great charts/graphs/hunting experiences shared though that's a hell of a lot of keyboard time.

View attachment 336627
Healthy relationships don't require spousal hammer - no reason to assume his is not healthy. I have had the pleasure to share more than a few beers with Wllm in person - and he is a well balanced and delightful fellow.

Life ebbs and flows, interests ebb and flow, and he is not alone in walking away from the HT news cycle - there are others I miss too.

And in some small way your post explains it. You made assumptions about the personal life and personal decision making of a person you have never met - and do so in a way that also impugns his spouse and negatively stereotypes her and their relationship. Gee, wonder why HT loses good folks along the way. Gets old after a while.

Focussing on being great dad, husband, employee and public land hunter rather than squabbling on HT.

To each their own. I think it is perfectly rational to step away from many corners of the Internet for the betterment of yourself and those around you. As you mentioned - stages of life.

I am absolutely a better public land hunter and advocate for public lands and hunting, because of HT. I don’t think it would be too hard to dig around for concrete examples that have been implemented in the real world because of the awareness HT has strengthened and people on here who have connected.

All that said, 90% of the time, HT, like most forums, is a game people play.

To bring it back to corner Crossing, I understand much more about the issue because of your contributions @VikingsGuy, than I would otherwise. I appreciate em.

Advertisement

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fishonfleek
Back