Caribou Gear Tarp

Canyons of Life

Welcome back JLS, I appreciate the update. I think about you and your daughters sometimes as I am beginning my own journey as a father to a little girl. I learned a lot from this thread and I hope you continue to inspire others like myself on here with your honesty.

Welcome back my friend. I’m happy for you that family life seems to be in a good place

Reactions: JLS
As parents we sometimes forget the impact of our words. The night I was sitting in the ER with my wife, we were talking. I thought my daughter was sleeping because she didn’t respond earlier.

I was vomiting emotions out and I told my wife I felt like I was cursed. Cursed by what seemed a legacy of suicide in my family.

Last week I was eating dinner with my daughter. She was a little down and so I began asking her some questions. One thing led to another and before I knew it she was sobbing and telling me this story. She thought SHE was the curse I was referring to. I was heartbroken.

I’m so thankful she trusted me enough to share that and get it off her chest. I assured her that absolutely was NOT the case and explained what I meant.

She shared some of the memories of the fight she had with her sister, and the fear and panic she dealt with that afternoon.

Be mindful of your words, and remember your perspective on a situation can be far different than someone else’s.

Wow! Great to read your words JLS! Words do matter. Here on HT, family, friends, and to the unknowns on the street, words we choose to express matter.
You and your family have been in our thoughts. Wishing you and your family continued progress.

Holy moley! I was just thinking about you and your family the other day. Like others said, I was a bit scared to open this post. Glad to hear the update though and sounds like your whole family is in a better place than the past. Good on all of you! Continued prayers!

Thanks for the update @JLS . Just wonderful news! You’re a good man, and I’m super glad you’re back here. We’ve missed you.

Thanks for the next chapters of life update @JLS

When I’ve seen an old thread with your posts included, I’ve thanked God for your earnest sharing and been thankful by faith that you and your family were living life, which if fervently hoped were full of joy, even in the face of adversity.

Keep loving and fighting for your family.

Thanks for the update, JLS.
Welcome back.
Praying for you and your family.
Hope to hear some updates about the pup as well, if you get around to it.

GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yvk253
Back