Yeti GOBOX Collection

Canyons of Life

Welcome back JLS, I appreciate the update. I think about you and your daughters sometimes as I am beginning my own journey as a father to a little girl. I learned a lot from this thread and I hope you continue to inspire others like myself on here with your honesty.

Welcome back my friend. I’m happy for you that family life seems to be in a good place

Reactions: JLS
As parents we sometimes forget the impact of our words. The night I was sitting in the ER with my wife, we were talking. I thought my daughter was sleeping because she didn’t respond earlier.

I was vomiting emotions out and I told my wife I felt like I was cursed. Cursed by what seemed a legacy of suicide in my family.

Last week I was eating dinner with my daughter. She was a little down and so I began asking her some questions. One thing led to another and before I knew it she was sobbing and telling me this story. She thought SHE was the curse I was referring to. I was heartbroken.

I’m so thankful she trusted me enough to share that and get it off her chest. I assured her that absolutely was NOT the case and explained what I meant.

She shared some of the memories of the fight she had with her sister, and the fear and panic she dealt with that afternoon.

Be mindful of your words, and remember your perspective on a situation can be far different than someone else’s.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeijeiemi
Back