Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Cameras? What does everyone use?

hank4elk

Never happy with my current camera, Canon sx160 is.
For a zoom it does not get good wildlife shots.
Now it appears blurry.

Good small digital?
Or do I have to learn how to navigate my cell phone.
I started with a Rolli.....LOL

Guess I have to be in 2024.
I just don't trust cell phones. Asked to keep my pictures on new one and they are gone.
Guess I have to send them to my pc or sumpin.

I often use one of these.
1721916639856.jpeg

My more serious photographer friends all seem to like their mirrorless camera bodies for capability and ease of carry. I believe they're the wave of the future if you're trying to jump into a new hobby headfirst.

@mtmiller & @SilentBirdHunter Would likely have some good insight...

I often use one of these.
View attachment 334094

My more serious photographer friends all seem to like their mirrorless camera bodies for capability and ease of carry. I believe they're the wave of the future if you're trying to jump into a new hobby headfirst.

@mtmiller & @SilentBirdHunter Would likely have some good insight...
I do like taking a SD card and sticking it into the laptop.

Guess I have to be in 2024.
I just don't trust cell phones. Asked to keep my pictures on new one and they are gone.
Guess I have to send them to my pc or sumpin.
Cell phone is the easiest. Pair it with your spotter for longer shots.

As for backing them up, the cloud is by far the easiest way to not have to fuss about it

Cell phone is the easiest. Pair it with your spotter for longer shots.

As for backing them up, the cloud is by far the easiest way to not have to fuss about it
Guess I have to get with the program.
I even have 2 scope adaptors, and never used. LOL

Guess I have to get with the program.
I even have 2 scope adaptors, and never used. LOL
You're already half way there! I find it to be the easiest since you typically carry your phone anyway so it's close by, hard to forget, and shoots decent photos

Lately either a Fuji X100V (my favorite choice right now for hunting and fishing trips due to its size and ease of use in the field)

HRTtZzS.jpg

i0rjfbQ.jpg

jnN3ESg.jpg

Hy6uhvf.jpg

gh0ouxD.jpg

8JUSKWB.jpg

KoWgdDa.jpg

vY9ToAF.jpg

CPzLqz3.jpg

RArM5oN.jpg

1uEA43Y.jpg

Or a Canon R7 and assorted glass (Previously used a Canon 80D for a long time)

c4uCqNz.jpg

U3Oirvz.jpg

xV1gIjv.jpeg

mqi9K3k.jpeg

yjcTqEg.jpeg

Ca3ztBj.jpeg

rDrZ774.jpeg

Hs7pA23.jpeg

J9t4j88.jpeg

Lately either a Fuji X100V (my favorite choice right now for hunting and fishing trips due to its size and ease of use in the field)

HRTtZzS.jpg

i0rjfbQ.jpg

jnN3ESg.jpg

Hy6uhvf.jpg

gh0ouxD.jpg

8JUSKWB.jpg

KoWgdDa.jpg

vY9ToAF.jpg

CPzLqz3.jpg

RArM5oN.jpg

1uEA43Y.jpg

Or a Canon R7 and assorted glass (Previously used a Canon 80D for a long time)

c4uCqNz.jpg

U3Oirvz.jpg

xV1gIjv.jpeg

mqi9K3k.jpeg

yjcTqEg.jpeg

Ca3ztBj.jpeg

rDrZ774.jpeg

Hs7pA23.jpeg

J9t4j88.jpeg
Dang great photos and thanks for sharing. What are you using to edit them?

Thanks! Mostly I edit the raw files in Lightroom, but a couple of the X100V shots are basically straight off the camera, thanks to its JPG film simulation features.

I don't take photo's of what I killed but now and then do birds. I'd prefer to get the photo of the animal alive. Do take photo's of fish I catch sometimes too. hard to get decent photo's of birds in the wild of fish in the water. But I do carry a camera around with me all the time. Panasonic ZS 100 point and shoot with a 25-200 zoom lens. Rides in a small pouch on my belt. have looked at far to many really poor shot's of animals lying in a gut pile, with poorly placed shot that tore it up and really bugs me also to see animals picture's with their Toung hanging out. I think the animals we kill deserve a better ending than that! So I developed the mind set that with game animals I photograph them alive of not at all!

I don't take photo's of what I killed but now and then do birds. I'd prefer to get the photo of the animal alive. Do take photo's of fish I catch sometimes too. hard to get decent photo's of birds in the wild of fish in the water. But I do carry a camera around with me all the time. Panasonic ZS 100 point and shoot with a 25-200 zoom lens. Rides in a small pouch on my belt. have looked at far to many really poor shot's of animals lying in a gut pile, with poorly placed shot that tore it up and really bugs me also to see animals picture's with their Toung hanging out. I think the animals we kill deserve a better ending than that! So I developed the mind set that with game animals I photograph them alive of not at all!
I sort of take a similar approach with "trophy shots" and frequently favor close ups on certain features like fur, antler/horn details and other shots. A dead animal is the intended result of hunting trips and I wrestle with how to capture complete memories without the "dead critter" part of the equation as I'm aware of how they can be viewed by non-hunters and even some hunters.

0ITuCCnl.jpg

rigTZkYl.jpg

If I do take photos of the full animal I will take some time to clean up blood, make sure the tongue isn't hanging out and choose angles that don't show entry/exit wounds or other injuries. I admit it's something of an instance of mental gymnastics to try and avoid the obvious nature of the shot and also prefer "trophy" shots without people in them.

4voBVMAl.jpg

Never happy with my current camera, Canon sx160 is.
For a zoom it does not get good wildlife shots.
Now it appears blurry.

Good small digital?
Or do I have to learn how to navigate my cell phone.
I started with a Rolli.....LOL
The Fujifilm X100V offers exceptional image quality in a compact, rugged design that can go anywhere. While it’s not your typical wildlife camera, its sharp 23mm f/2 lens excels at capturing the environment and detail shots, like your gear, the landscape, or even close-ups of your harvest. The classic Fuji film simulations give your photos a rich, timeless look, perfect for documenting your hunts. Plus, it's quiet and discreet—ideal for those moments when you need to stay stealthy in the field.

The Fujifilm X100V offers exceptional image quality in a compact, rugged design that can go anywhere. While it’s not your typical wildlife camera, its sharp 23mm f/2 lens excels at capturing the environment and detail shots, like your gear, the landscape, or even close-ups of your harvest. The classic Fuji film simulations give your photos a rich, timeless look, perfect for documenting your hunts. Plus, it's quiet and discreet—ideal for those moments when you need to stay stealthy in the field.
Welcome to HT.

Another option is a used "bridge camera" which has a zoom lens fixed to the body.
I took these photos with a used Fujifilm finepix 9400 and a used Nikon P900 which
are relatively inexpensive, so it would not break my heart if they drowned in a rain storm.
bou_hill.jpegcow.JPGsleepinggriz_crop7_5.jpgredheadformat7_5.jpeg

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clinebj22
Back