Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Browning X Bolt Trigger Spring Kits

huntnfisher

Decided to get my 2 X Bolt triggers lightened up a bit. My understanding is that adjusting the factory spring doesn't do much. I checked with my local gunsmith and he said about $75 each. I ended up getting Mcarbo trigger spring kits for these 2 rifles and did the swap myself. The cost for these 2 little springs was a bit steep (about $32 shipped total for both), but the results are impressive. X Bolt White Gold Medallion before: 4#, after: 2.2#. X Bolt Maple Medallion before: 4#, after: 2.4#. Both triggers are smooth and break clean. Works for me!

Last edited:
Same....just order 2 for my friends X bolts and 2 for a couple of Rugers for me, put them in my Xbolts and have not had any issues good choice!!

Something I need to check into. I have an X-Bolt Stainless in 7mm-08 that I took to the range and shot the other day. Only the second time I ever fired it and was disappointed in the trigger. Should I try adjusting the factory on first ?

With the new springs you can drop them down under 2 pounds, if you wanted. I believe you will get down to 3 or so with the factory spring, next Browning I get I will install the new spring before I shoot it. I say replace it, mine are set at 2lbs.

Just ordered a spring kit for my x-bolt have installed a Timney and after two gunsmiths trying to adjust and polish its junk still hangs up the safety and support from Timney sucks for me always something else we should try. So glad to hear you have had good luck with the kits I'm going that route and scrap the 250.00 dollar junk

I have had one sitting here for over a year. Did you find it pretty simple to change them out? My x-bolt hells canyon speed is an absolute tack driver, accurate to at least 800 yards (the furthest I have shot it) a slightly more responsive trigger would make it even better.

love my brownings apart from the trigger
i also have a winchester, so easy to adjust and mine breaks with just a wee bit of pressure
wake up browning, that piece of equipment is just stupid junk

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Banana Bob
Back