Bergara, Bergers & Boyds

Good lookin shootin irons. I recently got a Ridge Carbon Wilderness in 6.5 PRC. Shoots 127 Barnes factory into less than an inch. Was plinking at 600 in less than a box of ammo while breaking it in. Have a AG composites Alpine Hunter stock on order. Has a VX-3HD on it. Really digging the rifle so far.

If you need Spartan stuff fast for a hunt, feel free to hit me up, we have it all in stock and can ship same day.

Put my 6.5 Creed Bergara Carbon Ridge into a new Boyds stock last night and got out to the gun club this morning to check the zero. Lovin' the new stock! It came with aluminum pillars and was had a barrel channel just big enough to free-float the carbon wrapped Bergara barrel. Looks good and feels great so far.

I've got the rifle set up with a Leupold VX-5HD 3-15x with an illuminated reticle.

Handload is the 140 gr Berger Elite Hunter over VV N555. Averages 2722 fps. Accuracy has generally been good.

I've also been working with the Sierra 140 gr Tipped Game King and the 120 grain Hornady CX. Both are looking good. Planning to use this rifle during our upcoming mule deer season and feeling good about the choice. Normally I hunt with either a 25-06 or a 30-06 Remington 700. Thought it was time to change things up a bit.

Anyone else here using a Bergara rifle? How's it working out for you?

Regards, Guy
What load are you using for the CX? I can't get a CX to come close to a group in any of my 6.5's. I gave up and went to the TTSX.

Reactions: Guy
What load are you using for the CX? I can't get a CX to come close to a group in any of my 6.5's. I gave up and went to the TTSX.
I don't think I've found "the load" for the 120 CX yet. Have had good results with Superformance at max or near max according to the Hornady manual. But I don't think I've gotten all this bullet can do yet. Am playing with the seating depth. The CX is a harder bullet than the TTSX because of the zinc alloy and it seems to respond well to a LOT of jump. That's what I found with it in my 30-06, where I got great groups and velocity.

Further work will involve some other powders as I'm running out of Superformance, and a shorter seating depth/increased jump to the rifling.

So very different from cup and core bullets.

But if you've got a good load with the TTSX's... They work really well! :)

Regards, Guy

Advertisement

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fishonfleek
Back