Beauty MT Bear

I've hunted in montana for 41 years now and i've only harvest 12 bears. None of these bears are under 300 pounds. Conservation is the key to future bear hunters. That is a nice bear but, personally i would of passed him up.

I've hunted in montana for 41 years now and i've only harvest 12 bears. None of these bears are under 300 pounds. Conservation is the key to future bear hunters. That is a nice bear but, personally i would of passed him up.

Hell, Why didn't ya say so, post those pictures up so we can all enjoy them! John

http://onyourownadventures.com/hunttalk/showthread.php?t=244822

Public4life, Why don't you get off your mommie's computer for a while and come back when you learn some manners? Do you not get enough attention from your parents?

Congrats on the bear GH! After all the years of dozens of trips to find a good bear, looks like you were rewarded this year very well with an early opportunity.

So Crittergetter suggests we go for an afternoon bear mission. Sounds good.

I forgot he carries a grizz magnet in his pack. As I type this, we have spent the last half hour watching a big boar grizz dig for roots about 1,200 yards to our south. CG spotted a nice blackie over a mile away, but I think I lack both ambition and day light to go get him. Now if it was a mile closer to the truck, not further, and did not require two passes through the trail below the grizz, my ambition levelmay be higher. More when we get home.

And 500 yards further south emerges grizz #2. Trying to upload a pic from my Droid. Guess it will have to wait.

Good looking bear. Can't wait to see hero shots. Even though it may not be huge it's still the trophy. Guess you could call it either the great fall bear or mr noggin fir the memorry of the pain inflicted to critter.

The color is kind of weak, i'd let it grow a couple more years. That's what ticks me off is that everyone shoots all the little bears and none ever grow to be over 300 pounds!

I love it when people can quote weights of animals.:confused: I have only shot a handful of animals that didn't come out in pieces, so how do so many get these weights for the animals they shoot.
"Yea it was a 560 pound bull......." Must be nice to have a scale handy all the time.:rolleyes:

Greenhorn you need to quit shooting those little young bears with worn down teeth.

Congrats to both of you. Great bears

Can't see there being many 300 pound spring weight MT black bears. That is a GIANT bear.

Kind of like 180 inch whitetails. Just aren't many, and its always the same people seeing them, eh.

Kenetrek Boots

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Back Tracker
Back