Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Bass Pro is Moving Forward with Buying Cabela’s

Hear about what? Bass Pro looking to buy them or Cabelas falling victim to an activist investor?

I don't know who else could buy them. I don't know if Gander is big enough. They basically have no choice. The Cabela family did not understand
exactly what "going public" meant. Just Google "Cabelas Activist Investor" if you missed it in the news earlier this year.

My best guess is that if BP does buy out Cabelas, they would keep everything as is. Cabelas just broke ground on a new store.... about 10 miles from my house, and there is an existing BP store about 30 miles from me as well. Maybe BP will phase out hunting stuff and just focus on fishing, and have Cabelas maintain the hunting portion?????? Hopefully change is NOT in the near future and I'll be a happy camper!

I just hope they give those of us with a credit card a good heads up on what may happen with our points, I may have to dump mine a little sooner than I initially planned.

About 75% of the items for sale in BP and Cabela's have nothing to do with gear or supplies I would take on a western hunt. Pork rinds, camo light switch plate covers, hunter figurines, stuffed toys, etc. I like looking at the mounts on the wall and the live fish displays. Not a fan of the warm food they sell. I have relied on one of the stores when flying to a muzzleloader hunt since am not able to fly with primers and blackpowder. Have tried on some high-end performance hunting gear there which was useful.

Wish them all the best. I have a Cabelas within 30 minutes of me and have been inside it once in two years. The store is not that useful for me. I will keep ordering gear online from Cabelas where I can see more selection and not deal with the other crap. And Amazon.

Wondering about my points too. I guess we would get some heads up about changes......I guess.
HD

Wondering about my points too. I guess we would get some heads up about changes......I guess.
HD

The article said Cabelas sold the credit card business to Capital One. Hopefully they will carry over the points, or at least give fair warning to use them if they will expire.

I remember when Cabella's bought Gander Mtns mail order business then became the big game in town.
Remember not being too impressed with the prices in Bass Pro in Vegas @ 2 am and went out to the truck to sleep more before a UT hunt.
If Capitol One took over the cards your screwed....
Maybe they will still continue to be a decent mail/online order shop,Cabella's that is. Still not impressed by BP prices.

It might make my wife's Cabela's stock pretty valuable. I doubt that much will change, as the Cabela's name is worth quite a bit. Bass Pro will just be pulling the strings.

I've never had a Capital One card. Why should I be worried if they will be taking over the credit cards?

Nothing has been put in stone yet. A Cabela's supervisor that I know said the credit card supposedly is not going to change how it is operated. Nothing is going to change for another 6-9 months no matter what.

Advertisement

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whipple
Back