Australia Bans Bowhunting!

Yes, I should have clarified. I spoke to friend there who states this is the same tactic used for firearm confiscation so they expect it shortly. I am not sure how with all the recreational use. I guess just assume the government is here to help you.

One less country to compete with in the shooting and archery Olympic programs then.

To be clear though, South Australia is but one state in the nation. This policy has been underway for about two years or so, with the December implementation date stated in advance. Didn’t see any mention of confiscation either.

While it’s a silly rule change for sure, it’s not as though the whole nation up and banned archery equipment overnight.

I’d be especially pissed if I were Aboriginal. They’ve been given the short end of the socioeconomic stick and are now no longer allowed to hunt with the equipment they had been using since well before Europeans arrived.

I’d be especially pissed if I were Aboriginal. They’ve been given the short end of the socioeconomic stick and are now no longer allowed to hunt with the equipment they had been using since well before Europeans arrived.
Actually most aboriginal peoples of Australia never developed archery. Instead spears with a thrower called a woomera were and are the preferred hunting method if not using firearms.
Also aboriginal hunter aren't held to the same laws and regulations as other hunter in Australia and have much more liberal rules if any. But I agree it's a ridiculous over reach of government power based on nothing but fear.

The ban is in South Australia, which is a state within the nation. It is not the entire nation of Australia.

No real reason given on the website. The RSPCA is using wounding loss among other less than convincing arguments to support the ban. Seems like a few nontarget critters got thwacked by dimwits so the antis jumped.

The ban is in South Australia, which is a state within the nation. It is not the entire nation of Australia.

No real reason given on the website. The RSPCA is using wounding loss among other less than convincing arguments to support the ban. Seems like a few nontarget critters got thwacked by dimwits so the antis jumped.
No one show them the kitty thread 🤣😂

Sitting in Australia now. Seems hunting is easy. Wonder if these are tasty. Walking in my hotel room. No bow needed.

Attachments

• IMG_4720.jpeg
    IMG_4720.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 10
  • IMG_9438.jpeg
    IMG_9438.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 9
Actually most aboriginal peoples of Australia never developed archery. Instead spears with a thrower called a woomera were and are the preferred hunting method if not using firearms.
Also aboriginal hunter aren't held to the same laws and regulations as other hunter in Australia and have much more liberal rules if any. But I agree it's a ridiculous over reach of government power based on nothing but fear.
We need to keep this kind of information on the down low or FWP is going to get wind of it and start a woomera season.

From what I’ve been reading, landowners are exempt from the restrictions as are the natives.

Apparently a cat, a seal, and a police officer being shot with archery equipment were the main examples given to push this through. Sounds like the start of a bad joke.

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lknight
Back