Advertisement

Ask your onX Hunt questions here!

I also like the idea of something similar to “find my friends” on the iPhone or Google location sharing.

If there is cell service available, it would be cool to see live updates where your hunting partner is on the map and have the ability to set a determined length of time to share the location.
That's a great suggestion as well and it is something that our engineers are currently exploring. As you mentioned, it would only work when both parties have cell service, but we hope to have something like this available in the future.

Sorry if this is a repeat. Is there a moon/sun rise/set times feature somewhere? That would be super useful to know for the user's current location.

What would it take for OnX to build sub folders within a folder.

For example: “State” (folder):

Create folders within this folder:

- “Unit” folder

Some examples of folders you could build out…

- “water” - have the ability to toggle all water waypoints on and off at the same time.

- “glassing area” (folder) - have the ability to toggle all glassing waypoints on and off at the same time.

Much less waypoint clutter and you can turn the waypoints on and off per “folder”.
I like it. The maps covering some of my multi use areas look like an exploded piñata. If I could sort by season, or have a “sightings” folder it could really cut down the clutter. Currently I go in and just delete the least-useful pins.

I like it. The maps covering some of my multi use areas look like an exploded piñata. If I could sort by season, or have a “sightings” folder it could really cut down the clutter. Currently I go in and just delete the least-useful pins.
Or if you hunt different species in the same unit, you can have some pins like a deer pin versus an elk pin show up based on the folder that you toggle on or off.

Sorry if this is a repeat. Is there a moon/sun rise/set times feature somewhere? That would be super useful to know for the user's current location.
That information is found within the weather feature of the App. You can access that by tapping the weather button in the upper right hand corner of your map screen. You can also tap anywhere on the map to pull up the query card, then tap the weather option there to pull up that information.

That information is found within the weather feature of the App. You can access that by tapping the weather button in the upper right hand corner of your map screen. You can also tap anywhere on the map to pull up the query card, then tap the weather option there to pull up that information.
Is that affected by online/offline status?

Is that affected by online/offline status?
You do need to have some sort of internet connectivity (Cell Service, WiFI) to be able to pull up a new forecast. If you are going to be offline for an extended period of time, your best option is going to be to utilize a satellite communicator that has the ability to pull a weather report, like an InReach.

You do need to have some sort of internet connectivity (Cell Service, WiFI) to be able to pull up a new forecast. If you are going to be offline for an extended period of time, your best option is going to be to utilize a satellite communicator that has the ability to pull a weather report, like an InReach.
Can I suggest adding an off-line feature that just uses a look-up table (maybe it gets downloaded when you download an offline map)?

Just some props to OnX. I always wanted and BLM/FS allotment layer, but understood that it would be a small user group. Someone pointed it out to me this week, thanks so much.

For those of you that do see issues on your public lands, this will certainly help you if you decide to contact the local office.

Just some props to OnX. I always wanted and BLM/FS allotment layer, but understood that it would be a small user group. Someone pointed it out to me this week, thanks so much.

For those of you that do see issues on your public lands, this will certainly help you if you decide to contact the local office.
Oof. Just looked at that one. Pretty well says everywhere around me is an allotment. Also some hilarious boundaries where I know there isn’t a fence, not sure what’s going to keep a cow from wandering across a line on a map

I am getting ready for a hunt. I always like to have my GPS with me. I cannot figure out how to update my chips for Colorado and Wyoming. I know they are not doing additional updates but the last update is newer than what I have. I'm striking out online

A recent update makes it so when I search property owners it looks across the entire country, rather than the state I'm in and subscribed to, or where I'm generally zoomed into. This is a recent change that I don't find helpful. Is there a way to turn this off so it only searches in my state? It also used to sort the results that were closer to the area of the map I was looking at, it doesn't seem to do that anymore.

I am getting ready for a hunt. I always like to have my GPS with me. I cannot figure out how to update my chips for Colorado and Wyoming. I know they are not doing additional updates but the last update is newer than what I have. I'm striking out online
At this point, your best option for an update is to email our customer support team and, if necessary, they'll mail you chips with the latest updates on them. That email address is [email protected]

All of my offline maps on the app are gone? Button to create a new Offline Map is non-responsive.
All maps are present in my online account.

A recent update makes it so when I search property owners it looks across the entire country, rather than the state I'm in and subscribed to, or where I'm generally zoomed into. This is a recent change that I don't find helpful. Is there a way to turn this off so it only searches in my state? It also used to sort the results that were closer to the area of the map I was looking at, it doesn't seem to do that anymore.
Sorry about the trouble there! This is a bug that our engineers have identified and are working to correct. We don't have an exact ETA on a fix for this bug, but we do expect to have it corrected in the near future.

All of my offline maps on the app are gone? Button to create a new Offline Map is non-responsive.
All maps are present in my online account.
To troubleshoot this issue, we'll need to take a look at your account on the backend. That is a little tough to do via forum thread, so please give us a call or shoot us an email so we can get this corrected for you. Our email is [email protected] and our phone number is (406)-540-1600.

As the move towards 5g increasingly clashes with the ability to get a signal in far flung places away from major population centers--exactly the type of places many of us hunt--is Onx taking any steps to ease the ability of it's data to be downloaded over weaker than before signals? All kinds of service has declined for me as a result--including OnX.

FWIW--when 5g came along the 3g transmitters were taken down--and 3g helped provide a boost to 4g service in many rural places. No one is EVER going to expand 5g to many of the places we hunt, there's not enough people there to justify it.

None of this is ONx's doing of course, but it is starting to make me wonder about keeping the service if it doesn't work where it used to.

As the move towards 5g increasingly clashes with the ability to get a signal in far flung places away from major population centers--exactly the type of places many of us hunt--is Onx taking any steps to ease the ability of it's data to be downloaded over weaker than before signals? All kinds of service has declined for me as a result--including OnX.

FWIW--when 5g came along the 3g transmitters were taken down--and 3g helped provide a boost to 4g service in many rural places. No one is EVER going to expand 5g to many of the places we hunt, there's not enough people there to justify it.

None of this is ONx's doing of course, but it is starting to make me wonder about keeping the service if it doesn't work where it used to.
That's a good question. We do currently try to optimize our data and features so that they work as well as possible in areas with less than stellar cell service, however, there is only so much that can be done in that area. You're probably already using offline maps, but that really is the best solution for using the app in areas without cell signal. Of course it does take the foresight to download the maps you need when on WiFi, but with those downloaded maps, almost all of the app features that you use online can still be utilized while offline.

Hey folks, we justed wanted to let you know that we will be out elk hunting from September 7th through the 15th, so we will be unable to respond to inquiries in this thread until the 16th. If you have a pressing issue, please send an email to [email protected] and our customer support folks can assist you there. Best of luck to everyone else getting out there!

To troubleshoot this issue, we'll need to take a look at your account on the backend. That is a little tough to do via forum thread, so please give us a call or shoot us an email so we can get this corrected for you. Our email is [email protected] and our phone number is (406)-540-1600.
I had a similar problem. I got in touch with tech support and they fixed it quickly.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fishonfleek
Back