Caribou Gear

Ask your onX Hunt questions here!

It is available right now to onX Hunt users with the Elite Membership. If you open your basemap selector button in the lower right hand corner of the map, you will see an option for "Recent Imagery." This is satellite imagery that is taken and updated every two weeks. Since it is updated more frequently, the tradeoff is that it is lower resolution than our standard imagery, but it is still useful for tracking snow levels, crop harvest, water levels, etc.

We'll pass along your recommendation about the old fires to our mapping team for them to take under consideration!
I’m in the process of testing apps right now. What frustrates me is when using OnX, the image quality seems drastically lower compared to other apps. This is just me comparing them across the free versions.

If you look at the image attached, a user can’t see the football yardage lines when using OnX but can make them out clearly with other apps.

Are you saying that the “Elite” members receive the higher quality images when using a standard satellite layer?

This makes me question other features in the app.

Attachments

• IMG_0275.jpeg
    IMG_0275.jpeg
    541.4 KB · Views: 34
Lower right hand corner of the map shows the location button. Push it to switch between heading up and north up. If you get off center of north, click the compass in the upper right
Yes, but when I click that it does not show the field of view/arrow which shows the direction that I am facing.

I used to have Huntstand a good while back and it allowed it both ways (either map stationary and the direction arrow moving which was my preference, or the direction arrow locked and the map spinning around you) while still showing you which direction you were facing. I was hoping that OnX did the same and I was just missing the button or setting

My offline maps won’t update, they just say “paused”, and nothing happens when I hit “resume” or “sync” or anything. How do I fix this?
There's a couple of things to try:
First, double check that you are on the most updated version of the app. Sometimes, being on an older version can cause issues and updating the app can get things running smoothly again.
Also, verify that you have adequate storage space on your phone. If you are near your device's storage limit, updates may not proceed as they should.
Next, see if disconnecting from wifi makes a difference. We have heard from other people that once they disconnected from their wifi network, the updates proceeded successfully.
If issues persist, you can try to remove the maps from your device, and then redownload them. To do that, tap the three dots to the right of the map name, then tap "Remove from Device." Once it is removed, you should be able to redownload the map.

If those steps do not resolve the issue, please send our customer support team an email at [email protected] so that they can take a look at your account and get you back up and running.

I’m in the process of testing apps right now. What frustrates me is when using OnX, the image quality seems drastically lower compared to other apps. This is just me comparing them across the free versions.

If you look at the image attached, a user can’t see the football yardage lines when using OnX but can make them out clearly with other apps.

Are you saying that the “Elite” members receive the higher quality images when using a standard satellite layer?

This makes me question other features in the app.
Elite members do not received imagery with higher resolution. The recent imagery feature is imagery that is taken every two weeks, but has lower resolution. Recent imagery is not intended to act as a replacement for our standard satellite imagery. It is intended to supplement the regular satellite imagery and to provide another piece of scouting information.

Renewed my elite subscription, won't let me add layers, keeps telling me to upgrade. When I try to upgrade, it tells me I can't because I already have an elite membership. What am doing wrong?

Renewed my elite subscription, won't let me add layers, keeps telling me to upgrade. When I try to upgrade, it tells me I can't because I already have an elite membership. What am doing wrong?
Sorry about the trouble there! The first thing to do is a simple log out and log back in. That should sync everything up and you should be good to go. If you're still not showing as a paid member after logging back in, shoot us an email so that we can take a look at your account to see what is going on. Our email is [email protected].

Windows 7 desktop. Hunt maps won't load at all. Cleared my cache/cookies/browsing all time on Chrome. Map is just blank white with all the normal icons on sides. When I click anything nothing works though. I have single state subscription fwiw.

Windows 7 desktop. Hunt maps won't load at all. Cleared my cache/cookies/browsing all time on Chrome. Map is just blank white with all the normal icons on sides. When I click anything nothing works though. I have single state subscription fwiw.
This issue is most likely related to the operating system on your computer. Windows 7 is an older operating system (Released in 2009) and it is going to struggle to run programs like onX. Unfortunately, beyond upgrading operating systems, or using a different computer, there's not really much troubleshooting that we can do at this time.

Any chance of developing an option to designate icons a certain color? A few icons I toggle between colors, but the majority of mine are color coded for ease of referencing on map. It would be convenient to be able to save colors instead of having to edit every time.

Any chance of developing an option to designate icons a certain color? A few icons I toggle between colors, but the majority of mine are color coded for ease of referencing on map. It would be convenient to be able to save colors instead of having to edit every time.
That's an excellent suggestion. We can definitely see the utility in that. We'll pass that along to ur engineering folks to see if that is something they can build and include in a future update of the app.

A couple is days ago OnX released version update 24.31.0 (iPhone). The update requires IOS 16.0 or higher.
IOS 16.0 is only available on iPhone 8 and up.

Question: Is OnX planning to continue software support for iPhones 6s, SE, and 7 that use IOS 15.X ? I’m planning my fall, and I’m concerned about the app to unexpectedly quit working correctly when I’m in the field.

31% of iPhone users still use a phone that’s over 4 years old 😉

^^^^^^

I would be in this boat as well. This year it shouldn’t matter as I’m Kansas only hunting. Next year should be different.

What would it take for OnX to build sub folders within a folder.

For example: “State” (folder):

Create folders within this folder:

- “Unit” folder

Some examples of folders you could build out…

- “water” - have the ability to toggle all water waypoints on and off at the same time.

- “glassing area” (folder) - have the ability to toggle all glassing waypoints on and off at the same time.

Much less waypoint clutter and you can turn the waypoints on and off per “folder”.

A couple is days ago OnX released version update 24.31.0 (iPhone). The update requires IOS 16.0 or higher.

Question: Is OnX planning to continue software support for iPhones 6s, SE, and 7 that use IOS 15.X ? I’m planning my fall, and I’m concerned about the app to unexpectedly quit working correctly when I’m in the field.

Time to upgrade phones. I went from an Xr to a 15 pro a few weeks ago. Big jump in performance. I’d recommend considering buying a 13 or a 14 and keeping up with the technology curve.

Our minimum requirement is iOS 16 at the current time. So that does mean that devices that are not able to upgrade to iOS 16 will no longer be able to receive app updates to the onX Hunt App. Devices that are on iOS 15 or older will see app performance issues.

What would it take for OnX to build sub folders within a folder.

For example: “State” (folder):

Create folders within this folder:

- “Unit” folder

Some examples of folders you could build out…

- “water” - have the ability to toggle all water waypoints on and off at the same time.

- “glassing area” (folder) - have the ability to toggle all glassing waypoints on and off at the same time.

Much less waypoint clutter and you can turn the waypoints on and off per “folder”.
That's an excellent suggestion and something that we have looked into. There are not currently any immediate plans to build out a sub-folder system, but that is something we will pass along to our engineers for them to take under consideration as they build out their future plans.

That's an excellent suggestion and something that we have looked into. There are not currently any immediate plans to build out a sub-folder system, but that is something we will pass along to our engineers for them to take under consideration as they build out their future plans.
I also like the idea of something similar to “find my friends” on the iPhone or Google location sharing.

If there is cell service available, it would be cool to see live updates where your hunting partner is on the map and have the ability to set a determined length of time to share the location.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clinebj22
Back