Anybody else muzzleloader hunting this year

I pulled a NV bull elk tag during Sept with a MZ. Last time I drew a MZ tag I borrowed a rifle from a friend.

I'm thinking of purchasing my own this time. Currently looking at a CVA Accura LR.
You'll have to get sights installed if you do.

Not too interested regardless. But I'm sure it's out of my price range regardless.
I'd be far more tempted to get a nice 54. Hawken or something more classic then that thing. I already feel a bit like I'm cheating with my in line and peep sight.

I got drawn for deer in unit 6b in Arizona my go to unit here. I have soooo many muzzies it's hard to pick one to hunt with but if the weather is not calling for a lot of rain I'll more than likely use the custom GRRW-CA Hawken in .58 cal.

I'd be far more tempted to get a nice 54. Hawken or something more classic then that thing. I already feel a bit like I'm cheating with my in line and peep sight
I told story about chasing cow elk with my kit built hawken last year and how enjoyable it was. If you enjoy muzzleloader hunting I would strongly suggest you get a traditional rifle (build or buy). I think the hawken just triggers the mountain man type image to me as I run around the mountains. Now if I can just find some #11 caps for a antelope hunt that starts in 40 days...see even when not shooting traditional muzzleloaders they are still difficult to make go boom!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
antonio12
Back