Anybody else muzzleloader hunting this year

Mmm.... how does it shoot? What do you feel is your effective range? Really been wanting a more traditional muzzleloader... toting a super modern inline touched off by magnum large rifle primers in the same haunts as Kit Carson doesn't feel quite right to me.

Mmm.... how does it shoot? What do you feel is your effective range? Really been wanting a more traditional muzzleloader... toting a super modern inline touched off by magnum large rifle primers in the same haunts as Kit Carson doesn't feel quite right to me.
I’ll let you know. I just cleaned it yesterday. Got gore fffg getting delivered today. As I said in another post I’ll be shooting round balls. I’m hoping 150-200 yards.

I admit that I have a problem.

I just picked up another muzzleloader…a new Knight Ultra-Lite. .45 caliber 1 in 20 twist.View attachment 334845Initial shots showing promise with 120 grn BH209 (by volume) and 270 grn Parker Hunter E max bullet at approximately 2250 fps.

Five shot group @100.

I now have three muzzleloaders for two hunters (me and my son).

The area I hunt in Alabama is predominantly limited to muzzleloader.
How does it kick off the bench with 120?

I admit that I have a problem.

I just picked up another muzzleloader…a new Knight Ultra-Lite. .45 caliber 1 in 20 twist.View attachment 334845Initial shots showing promise with 120 grn BH209 (by volume) and 270 grn Parker Hunter E max bullet at approximately 2250 fps.

Five shot group @100.

I now have three muzzleloaders for two hunters (me and my son).

The area I hunt in Alabama is predominantly limited to muzzleloader.
Open sights ?

No. I do my load development with scope and switch to open sights for states the require open sights. I use Leupold Quick release rings. Works great with a NEGC quick release peep.

I’ll let you know. I just cleaned it yesterday. Got gore fffg getting delivered today. As I said in another post I’ll be shooting round balls. I’m hoping 150-200 yards.

FYI

Here is a site that gives you some good ballistic information regarding round balls. With a .490 rb I would keep the range to 100 yards. The drop will really become evident and wind drift is another issue. Some have made longer kill shots with their 50's but the odd's stack up against you as the range increases.

Good luck,
Dan

FYI

Here is a site that gives you some good ballistic information regarding round balls. With a .490 rb I would keep the range to 100 yards. The drop will really become evident and wind drift is another issue. Some have made longer kill shots with their 50's but the odd's stack up against you as the range increases.

Good luck,
Dan
Thank you!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jg722
Back