Caribou Gear Tarp

Anti-trapping article at the Bitterroot Star

The Montana trappers association is having a rally the end of May.I believe its by Bozeman but you should check their website.All hunters who can attend should to show some support to your fellow publicland users/outdoorsman.They will never stop with just trappers,but hunters in Mt should know that
These are a great group of guys organizing this.The have an auction going on trapperman right now for financial support if anyones interested in helping that way

Some pretty amazing donations on the auction block at trapperman.

Guided high country Wyoming mule deer hunt, Shoulder mount of your deer/antelope/etc. by a really good taxidermist, Guided bear hunt, fishing trips, etc.

Rancher Steve Clevidence, endorsing the initiative, says, “I happen to be a member of a seven generation Montana ranching family. I extend my endorsement to Trap Free Montana Public Land’s initiative, as I and my family feel that even though trapping may have once been part of our state’s history, it does not need to be a part of Montana’s future. Our public lands are just that, public lands and therefore every citizen has as much right to use those lands in relative safety without fear of traps and snares strewn across the landscape waiting for unsuspecting victims. Trapping needs to be recognized as cruel and unethical treatment of animals and should be abolished on our Montana public lands.”

I wonder if this guy grazes any cattle on public lands? I know which activity I'd rather not see be part of public lands' future.

I wonder if this guy grazes any cattle on public lands? I know which activity I'd rather not see be part of public lands' future.

I never heard of this guy, been here my whole life. He now lives in Louisiana. He's a wolf lover, and part of those wolf groups.

https://www.facebook.com/steve.clevidence/about

Here he joins in to boycott montana beef because of the wolf issue.

http://forums.yellowstone.net/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=15526

Here he's a 5th generation Montana cattle rancher. Lost 2 generations, or gained depending on the article.

http://exposingthebiggame.wordpress.com/2013/02/16/boycott-montana-beef/#comment-5333

Last edited:
I like how he says everybody has a right to use the public lands but trappers.Next will be hunters,then fishermen.Of course snowmobiles and 4 wheelers.The list will just keep growing
You guys should check out the auction.The taxidermist on it giving away $700 worth of work is the best work I've seen.And a guided region G or H muley hunt was at $900.Help the trappers out and stop by there meeting and sign their stuff to get rid of this initiative.

Hmm. Upon closer inspection of the quotes I guess he isn't claiming to be a rancher, just that for seven (or five depending on the day) generations someone in his family has been ranching.

I think I'll start giving interviews for the London papers about the current state of English politics because I'm 15th generation British Royalty.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jg722
Back