Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Antelope meat?

tom338

Anybody make hamburger out of antelope trim?? If so did you add any other meat to it?

I save all of my grind meat from everything I've killed until after the seasons are over and grind everything together and mix it all up with pork fat.
Ditto.
My burger from last year is elk, mule deer, antelope and whitetail deer. I save all the grind until after season or all tags are filled and then have a "burger grind day".

We add beef fat but have used pork fat also.

Antelope is great as is but if you have to add something to the grind, mix in a nice applewood-smoked bacon for making burgers on the grill.

For an added bonus when you make your bacon antelope burgers, cover peach halves with melted butter and grill till caramelized, and add slices of the peaches to the burger along with fresh basil, garden tomatoes, and mozzarella cheese :)

I mix antelope just like my other wild game burger. Buy cheap fatty pork roasts to be chunked up into pieces for your trim. If I go over to central Montana and I come back with a couple antelope and a couple deer sometimes, I mix the antelope meat up with the deer trimmings for burger or sausage together, and then grind all of it together with the pork sausage.

As 270.Rose stated above if you are just making burger, mix in Applewood or any other type of bacon into the mix also. Makes great bacon burgers.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MidwestSniper03
Back