Antelope meat?

Anyone make burgers? Do you need something to hold the burger into a patty?

I don't mix anything in, but would love a burger
You can make lean burgers if you work the meat slightly as you form it into the patty, it's a milder version of 'don't overwork a meatloaf because you'll make it tough'. Kneading the patty as you form it affects the protein strands of the meat and helps them hold together better. If I'm doing lean wild game burgers for the family I'll drop the meat in my kitchenaid bowl and add the spices and work it with the paddle for a minute and the patties always hold together beautifully even without fat added to the grind.

you don't not have to add fat either.

burgers are 80/20 in my kitchen, no matter the animal.
If you don't add fat what would the percentage of fat with just straight game meat? There is almost zero fat in game meat.
Also it doesn't hold together very well with no fat if making burger patties. 🍔

If you don't add fat what would the percentage of fat with just straight game meat? There is almost zero fat in game meat.
Also it doesn't hold together very well with no fat if making burger patties. 🍔

Maybe re read what I’m saying

Last one I shot in 22’ I got skin off and meat on ice within 40 minutes of kill . It was about 55 degrees out . I then drove 5 hours home with it on ice . Left in the cooler on ice 48 hours . Then ground it all except the back straps , mixed 10 lbs of bacon in with the roughly 20-25 lbs of meat I could be off on that I don’t remember my point is the antelope bacon burgers were to die for

Antelope is great as is but if you have to add something to the grind, mix in a nice applewood-smoked bacon for making burgers on the grill.

For an added bonus when you make your bacon antelope burgers, cover peach halves with melted butter and grill till caramelized, and add slices of the peaches to the burger along with fresh basil, garden tomatoes, and mozzarella cheese :)
Fancy.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HuntTalkMa’am
Back