“Alone” season 11 on History channel Thursday nights

Next week after ALONE another alone will be aired from the South Island NZ.
I hope I can stay awake for it. If they are allowed to have bows there shouldn't be any shortage of game. It'd be real easy to catch eels there too, no hooks needed, just some fabric with the scent of meat on it.

Seems like the winning combination is usually equal parts woodcraft skill and being bat-shit insane.

History also did an Alone UK where a bunch of Brits were dropped off in the Canadian bush, too. Our tea-swilling cousins from across the pond did not fair quite as well as us uncouth colonials (apologies to @devon deer).
I hate bloody tea!
Maybe if they dropped me off I would of represented us Brits better!

“Alone Australia” season 2 starts after the second episode of “our” Alone tonight.

I've been binging like crazy @kansasdad - this is all your fault.

What is killing me so far is they are calling dog salmon "coho salmon" on the show. I hope that is the only thing I have to look forward to being called wrong...

Dusty is my winner. Dude’s like an idiot abroad, but he’s got good bushcraft and that goes far in this show. Ms. Métis-Cree is a strong female contestant who will go far.

I think the pinnacle of "Alone" was Roland shanking the musk ox. That's a tough act to follow, but I'll still check the new season out.
Roland in his rock house could have lasted indefinitely. I think “Alone” as with any survival-type show has a psychological work up of contestants selected. They gather an assembly of normies, kooks and several fruitloops to make good TV.
“Alone” is more mental toughness than any other show I’ve seen. Winners like Clay and Jordan had all the skills to make it, yet the strain from missing their families was hard. Roland has a sister. No kids or significant other. So Roland never really left anyone behind. He still made great TV by shanking that musk ox, who does that?!? But otherwise Roland was at home wherever he went and happy.

On the NZ Alone I see that they can’t eat eel, they have to put them back. I don’t know why that is, maybe a kiwi can explain that.

Yeah, took about 5 minutes! He had a lot of fish to eat.
Well yeah, but that one had years of suppressed emotions and that probably caused schizo-type dissociation. And then his normal kids acting normal, he couldn’t feel human with appropriate response. Which he internalized as a parental failure. Like major mental weight that he couldn’t ignore all by himself. Goddamn, I love this show!

Did anyone notice on episode three that the squirrel Isiah killed while building his shelter seemed awfully stiff for a fresh kill? The front leg was sticking straight out when it was held upside.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
911MT
Back