Yeti GOBOX Collection

2024 WY pronghorn wrap up

BuzzH

Short season, but productive.

A friend drew a great tag and we spent a few days prior to the season looking over some awesome country and wildlife.

Saw a lot of these guys:

71612.jpeg

Also saw some pretty fair pronghorn bucks, 3-4 that we figured were worthy of the tag my friend had.

The first choice buck we found about noon the day before the opener. We got there the next morning right at light and found another vehicle was also there. We didn't want to disrupt his hunt as he was there first and watched as he shot the buck. We walked out to have a look and talked to the hunter and found out he had been watching this buck for a couple weeks prior. Well earned for him and a great buck for sure:

71712.jpeg

The second choice buck we found was living right on the border of 2 hunting units, spending about half his time in each unit. We found him right away, but on the wrong side of the road. Decided to shift gears and go look around and come back to check on the second choice buck later in the day.

72077.jpeg

We next went back to an area where we saw good numbers of pronghorn a couple days prior to make sure we didn't miss something. Found a shorter heavy buck with great prongs. Watched him at about 340 yards for about 20 minutes and my buddy decided he just couldn't pass it up.

We moved out to the herd and fortunately a small buck that was behind us caught the attention of the heavy buck and he ran right toward us to run the small buck off. Big mistake on his part, 150 yard shot and done deal.

All kinds of mass and prong:

IMG_16611.jpeg

Headed back to Laramie Saturday morning, got my buddies pronghorn in the freezer and had about 4-5 hours to try a unit about 20 minutes from the house where I drew a tag. I had zero time to hunt pronghorn other than Saturday (just too many sheep and moose tags), so after looking over some bucks, decided this one was good enough. Short stalk, 261 yards with my 7-08 and a single 140 grain accubond, that was a wrap for pronghorn until next season.

71843.jpeg

I love antelope hunting in Wyoming... thanks for sharing Buzz. Good times for sure and great bucks

Short season, but productive.

A friend drew a great tag and we spent a few days prior to the season looking over some awesome country and wildlife.

Saw a lot of these guys:

71612.jpeg

Also saw some pretty fair pronghorn bucks, 3-4 that we figured were worthy of the tag my friend had.

The first choice buck we found about noon the day before the opener. We got there the next morning right at light and found another vehicle was also there. We didn't want to disrupt his hunt as he was there first and watched as he shot the buck. We walked out to have a look and talked to the hunter and found out he had been watching this buck for a couple weeks prior. Well earned for him and a great buck for sure:

71712.jpeg

The second choice buck we found was living right on the border of 2 hunting units, spending about half his time in each unit. We found him right away, but on the wrong side of the road. Decided to shift gears and go look around and come back to check on the second choice buck later in the day.

72077.jpeg

We next went back to an area where we saw good numbers of pronghorn a couple days prior to make sure we didn't miss something. Found a shorter heavy buck with great prongs. Watched him at about 340 yards for about 20 minutes and my buddy decided he just couldn't pass it up.

We moved out to the herd and fortunately a small buck that was behind us caught the attention of the heavy buck and he ran right toward us to run the small buck off. Big mistake on his part, 150 yard shot and done deal.

All kinds of mass and prong:

IMG_16611.jpeg

Headed back to Laramie Saturday morning, got my buddies pronghorn in the freezer and had about 4-5 hours to try a unit about 20 minutes from the house where I drew a tag. I had zero time to hunt pronghorn other than Saturday (just too many sheep and moose tags), so after looking over some bucks, decided this one was good enough. Short stalk, 261 yards with my 7-08 and a single 140 grain accubond, that was a wrap for pronghorn until next season.

71843.jpeg
Congratulations!

I had zero time to hunt pronghorn other than Saturday (just too many sheep and moose tags), so after looking over some bucks, decided this one was good enough.
Great buck! How where the numbers looking? Lots of fawns?

Also... did I miss something? I'm not the jealous type (well sort of because I'm swamped with work this time of the year), but I hope you keep us apprised of these hunts.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wcpark
Back