2024 WY pronghorn, deer, and R elk draw

Weird feel for the deer draw this year-

I honestly don’t have a good idea if I will draw easily or not even be close, which is kind of unusual for Wyoming. Oh well, we’ll find out soon enough.

The refund....The sad consolation prize. The participation trophy. I'll spend mine on a poker game.
Participation trophy? You're thinking of "Random draws." A poker game would be a point system WITHOUT social media influence. With influence is like buying ENRON....

I’m in for Antelope buck, LQ elk tag, type 3 WT, type 6 elk, type 8 WT deer. Wife and daughters are in for Antelope buck, LQ elk, LQ deer. Hoping one of us draws an LQ elk, one pronghorn buck, and get lucky in the LQ deer. All different units for each species except both girls are in for same LQ deer unit. Totally expecting general hunting tags though.

Watch point creep be worse in the special 😂.
I swore when I was a kid that I wouldn't be like those rich a-holes who bought their way to the front of the line when I grew up and made it big.

Last month, I put both my dad and myself in for special antelope. I've turned into the monster I didn't want to become... but unfortunately, Dad probably doesn't have a lot of good hunting years left, so I'm trying to do what I can while we can still do it. Wyoming's extortion tactics worked on me. Probably on a bunch of others, too.

I'm looking forward to reviewing the odds report almost as much as I'm looking forward to results being released! Should be a fascinating look into the psychology of big game hunters. We're a strange lot.

I swore when I was a kid that I wouldn't be like those rich a-holes who bought their way to the front of the line when I grew up and made it big.

Last month, I put both my dad and myself in for special antelope. I've turned into the monster I didn't want to become... but unfortunately, Dad probably doesn't have a lot of good hunting years left, so I'm trying to do what I can while we can still do it. Wyoming's extortion tactics worked on me. Probably on a bunch of others, too.

I'm looking forward to reviewing the odds report almost as much as I'm looking forward to results being released! Should be a fascinating look into the psychology of big game hunters. We're a strange lot.
I put in for a regular draw deer tag. I seriously thought about putting in on the special. But from what I read this year everyone felt like this is the year to put in on the special because of the cost increase. So I gambled the other way.

I to am curious to see how people's thinking shifted. In a few years it will level out and definitely be better odds in the special. But any time rules change its hard to plan around how people react.

Add another one to the special draw here. My thought was more people would drop out of the special and I’d have even better odds. I know we’re a small sample here, but damn how many people thought the same? Now I’m even more anxious.

I put in for a regular draw deer tag. I seriously thought about putting in on the special. But from what I read this year everyone felt like this is the year to put in on the special because of the cost increase. So I gambled the other way.

I to am curious to see how people's thinking shifted. In a few years it will level out and definitely be better odds in the special. But any time rules change its hard to plan around how people react.
Interesting, my thought was that special deer will see the best odds out of anything. Wyoming has competition in neighboring states when it comes to deer - plenty of good opportunities in Colorado, Montana, Idaho, etc. that don't cost as much. I'd hunt those states before I'd pay for a special WY deer tag.

Antelope, on the other hand... those tags are quite difficult for a NR to draw in most other states. I think Wyoming has more bargaining power on those.

Like you said though, throw in the human element and it really is anyone's guess.

I had every intention of applying in the special for pronghorn in the hopes odds would be good this year. Life got in the way of that plan after drawing a WY elk tag, NM deer tag, and CO deer tag I don't have the time for any other out of state hunts this year. I think that's what they call "good problems". Of course still applied for a long shot tag in the regular with my points the random will be my only shot.

In for about $1100 for 5 pronghorn tags. 10.6 point average for the buck tags. We would have drawn last year with that number but point creep has got me before. I’m ready to dump the points I’ve been hoarding and try to get back to going on lower tier hunts every 3-5 years

In for about $1100 for 5 pronghorn tags. 10.6 point average for the buck tags. We would have drawn last year with that number but point creep has got me before. I’m ready to dump the points I’ve been hoarding and try to get back to going on lower tier hunts every 3-5 years
I have 5 and had every intention of using them year. I was shocked by the lack of opportunity with 5 points.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mleonard23
Back