2024 WY pronghorn, deer, and R elk draw

I'm putting in for an area that the locals all hunt. I don't think this applies to what you are showing here.
yup, the 11th hardest one to draw - 10% draw odds. Draw it once every 10 years if you match the odds with your luck.

Unless you are talking about 113 - hardest one to draw at 2.59% odds

Did your luck from the last few years finally run completely dry? Any tags anywhere?
No real luck this year. My kid drew Colorado cow elk tag where we hunt bulls over the counter. Still in for MT antelope, but other than that small possibility, it'll be an OTC type of year.

That is where you sit in front of a computer and pretend like you know how to be an outdoorsman. Its the same as those kids that sit in front of their XBOX and play Call of Duty and pretend like they are serving their country.
Oh ok, that makes more sense now. Thanks for the clarification. I just pick a random unit or one someone else applied for and then just wing it when I get there! A friend once told me, “I lower my standards to up my average”, I’ve applied that to hunting. Maybe I’ll get lucky some year and actually shoot a mature animal.

Oh ok, that makes more sense now. Thanks for the clarification. I just pick a random unit or one someone else applied for and then just wing it when I get there! A friend once told me, “I lower my standards to up my average”, I’ve applied that to hunting. Maybe I’ll get lucky some year and actually shoot a mature animal.
My wall looks pretty pathetic with forkies and raghorns so I know what you mean! And then for some dumb reason, I let my wife shoot the smaller bear of the two and now I got this stupid big bear upping that average.

Drew a deer tag! Type 3 WT. Second choice Pronghorn tag, type 6 cow tag, type 8 WT tag, no luck on LQ elk. General deer and elk this year.

One daughter drew 1st choice Pronghorn, no deer/elk. Other daughter and my wife pulled second choice Pronghorn, no deer/elk. Should be a fun fall!

Unsuccessful on deer and antelope, drew two elk tags. Cow tag is going to be interesting, but it runs until the end of January so should be able to connect on it.

I understand why I didn't draw antelope, but it is starting to irritate me that I can't draw a unit I grew up drawing every single year. Would really like to be able to take my dad out one more time to the spot he taught me to hunt in before he can't do it anymore.

No real luck this year. My kid drew Colorado cow elk tag where we hunt bulls over the counter. Still in for MT antelope, but other than that small possibility, it'll be an OTC type of year.
This is what I was trying to point out in prior posts. Unfortunately, there is no longer any "system or strategy" to get good tags. The few remaining loopholes closed. Your 1-2% odds luck of the past was not sustainable. I'm afraid this is the reality, and your draw results going forward will look a LOT more like this year, EVERY YEAR, than the past. And it gets worse every year.

Even with 16-26 points/species, that's how all my random draws in NV/UT+NM have gone for the last 12 years, save one bad deer tag. As you mentioned, I can expect one mediocre deer tag out of NV with 17. If I'm lucky, may get one low tier elk tag out of Utah some day with 16.......maybe. But that is about all I expect in my lifetime. For folks with less than 15, I see a pile of USUCS every year.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mleonard23
Back