PEAX Equipment

2024 Whitetail Season (South Carolina) for WNC2500 and family (Live hunt)

WNC2500

This is my first time doing one of the live hunt threads, so I thought I would give it a shot. I always enjoy reading along with everyone as they write them

South Carolina season always opens on 10/11 no matter what day that falls on. My dad and I arrived early and for opening morning, it was a nice chilly morning to hunt on. I knew that deer would be moving because the temperature was 47 degrees. Wind was light, and barometric pressure was 30.27. It got light enough to see around 7:20am, and by 8am, I had already seen 8 does, and one button buck. At about 8:55am, I saw a basket rack 8 point that milled around eating acorns for probably 15 minutes. Another smaller buck (6 point) followed the same script and walked down the same trail at around 9:18. He ended up walking underneath me and headed over the hillside, through a pine transition area, toward where my dad was sitting. Dad's 30-30 rang out about 3 minutes later. I knew he had just shot the 6 point and he would be excited. At about 9:50, another 4 does came by me (behind me) and headed toward the lake. So, for the first AM of hunting, (12) does, (1) button buck, and (2) horned bucks. It is always fun to punch a tag on opening day. Dad has done that while hunting with me before. I am going back this evening solo, and dad and I are hunting again in the AM (Saturday).

Nice, I was out this morning as well but I kept telling them “don’t worry I’ll protect you.”

Attachments

• IMG_0322.jpeg
    IMG_0322.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 1
SITKA Gear Optifade Cover

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Banana Bob
Back