MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

2024 Idaho draw results…

Or another solution is perhaps they can get their act together and conduct a draw in a manner that demonstrates reasonable amount of competence.
Everything about the draw comes across as completely unorganized and poorly executed. Every. Single. Year.
At some point I think it’s fair to expect them to adopt better systems.

You definitely should stop applying!

Or another solution is perhaps they can get their act together and conduct a draw in a manner that demonstrates reasonable amount of competence.
Everything about the draw comes across as completely unorganized and poorly executed. Every. Single. Year.
At some point I think it’s fair to expect them to adopt better systems.
Have you ever dealt with public bidding and contracting? It does not matter how well a state or city agency plans ahead or how many times a certain contractor has screwed you in the past, if they are the low bidder you pretty much have to hire them again and again. Only the legislature can change that now by giving the IDFG the ability to select the drawing vendor based on qualification rather than bid value.

Have you ever dealt with public bidding and contracting? It does not matter how well a state or city agency plans ahead or how many times a certain contractor has screwed you in the past, if they are the low bidder you pretty much have to hire them again and again. Only the legislature can change that now by giving the IDFG the ability to select the drawing vendor based on qualification rather than bid value.
I am fully aware of the situation and how the process works. I do recognize that the legislature continues to hamstring IDFG as well. I am not blaming IDFG entirely. I do think that there has been some lackluster leadership in the past that contributed to some of this mess but it isn’t fair for me to blame just IDFG. It gets old hearing the same old sob story about the legislature not allowing funding for a quality vendor when the system doesn’t work properly. Other states have legislatures that dictate their funding and seem to have a functioning system. Why can’t we figure it out?

(Mini rant incoming)
We had a budget surplus and gave citizens money back while at the same time underpaying IDFG staff and utilizing substandard vendors.

Maybe it’s just worded awkwardly but, the email from IDFG says they provided past draw data as an example for the printing company. The post card I received shows a hunt I have never ever put in for. So they took sample examples of past draws and added random hunt numbers to the example? Wouldn’t they use the info from the previous draw example?? Probably nothing, but it gives me a feeling that there is more to this snafu than just an accidental printing of the example from previous years. Doesn’t inspire much confidence in the draw system.
I’m finished beating this dead horse.

From IDFG email:

“Fish and Game provided a printing and distribution company secure sample data from a previous draw for the purposes of obtaining a printing cost quote. This data was then incorrectly used to create postcards and was not approved by Fish and Game to be mailed out.”

View attachment 331186

This should be fun. IDFG is sending out successful draw app postcards to people who did not apply for those units or didn’t apply at all. A bunch are hitting mail boxes today.

I’d like to know if it was IDFG or the low cost providers (thanks Idaho legislators) fault.
I got the email confirming my tag swap 3 minutes before this one. No take backsies.

IDFG sent me an incorrect Successful Tag postcard as well today. Mine was for 1029 Deer. A short range tag in limited public land area that I have never applied for. 🤦‍♂️

1029 is what the 1030 hunt was 2 years ago. If that helps get to the bottom of what happened here.

I got my congrats blue antelope card today for a hunt i last applied for and drew in 2021. 2022 was penalty box, 2023 didn't draw different unit, this year drew a different unit and have already purchased tag and didnt get a postcard. Goofy but as I have previously said, idaho's always been good to me.

Last edited:
This scares the crap out of me. If they notified me that I didn't really draw a Moose tag, I would be adding lawyers fees to my outfitter deposit.
If I ever get a notification that I drew a m,s,g tag I'm going to have serious anxiety whenever my phone rings. Id be scared after what they did to sheep hunters taking back tags.
From that to having servers crash during tag allocations or mailing multiple controlled hunt tags to people a few years ago and now this.
It has become an actual chit show.
My rule of management is chit happens sometimes but if you consistently have things go south under your watch it's on you. Idf&g either didn't give proper instructions OR chose an incompetent printer. That is Idf&g incompetence.

Idaho Fish and Game did all the draws internally until about 7 years ago.

Conspiracy folks in Idaho were sure the deep state was giving all the tags to libtards that didn't actually hunt.

Something must be done said the majority political party in Idaho.

Conspiracy folks in Idaho were sure the deep state was giving all the tags to libtards that didn't actually hunt.

This is true and a counter argument to some of my points Idaho now pays a ridiculous amount of money for someone else to screw up the actual draw on a yearly basis. Imo It was done better in house.
Regardless don't you think IDF&g should maybe make sure that the total #of sheep tags awarded by the contractor doesn't exceed the statutory limit?

I was one of those "libtards". I simply asked in a spring meeting how the random draws were "Random".

"By computer" was the response.

"No... tell me how they are random. Algorithm, darts, hat draw, ping pong balls in a river. Computers don't do random. Never have. They are true or false machines."

"Oh... yeah it's random." Is all we and the judge got. So yes we said go outside. If you have a tiny bit of knowledge about how Computers work its obvious why people on here draw multiple tags or nothing. The google random number generator is predictable after 3 clicks. Lets justvsay they use 3X+1. X being your sportsmans number. If you have a lot of digits that x never zeros you draw tags frequently and in multiples. "Oh i drew Elk and Deer!" How many tines have you seen that? If my ID has a lot of 6's and the algorithm kills those quickly, I'll never draw... in 27 years... like I have. It's NOT RANDOM.

If I ever figure out the algorithm they input I'll draw every tag I want... at that moment I'll argue "Random" is better.

Last edited:
[QUOTE="Firedude,

"Oh... yeah it's random." Is all we and the judge got. I'll never draw... in 27 years... like I have. It's NOT RANDOM.
[/QUOTE]

I thought you drew a sheep tag in 2015 was that not random?

Back