Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Zodiac for Montana fishing

Pagosa

I'm going to sell my 2015 tracker targa (due to lack of consistent use) and looking into options of a smaller boat for fishing some rivers/lakes in Montana. I want something that can be easily stored in the off season in my garage, so I was thinking about a 14' zodiac with a 20 horse yahama or mercury. I could put in a small trolling motor and one deep cycle battery for walleye trolling and I think it could be rather functional for lakes such as Noxon, Canyon Ferry, Holler, or parts of the Missouri, lower Flathead, etc.
Other than puncture issues with knives, and lack of space does anyone have any thoughts of zodiac for fishing? It seems like it would be very simple for maintenance, storage, and better than a kayak/canoe. I could still have a cooler for food/pop/ and any fish I catch. It would be just two of us fishing at anytime. Thanks

I assume you're looking at a RIB or some sort? We had a 14-ft semi-rigid bottom (inflatable keel with hard bottom panels inserted before inflation) that served us well for surfing and fishing in central CA when I was there, we had a 25hp on that one and could take 4 guys/cooler/boards surfing up the coast. It was easy maintenance and rolled up for storage or transport to beaches where trailer launching wasn't possible. Never had a puncture while fishing...

I assume you're looking at a RIB or some sort? We had a 14-ft semi-rigid bottom (inflatable keel with hard bottom panels inserted before inflation) that served us well for surfing and fishing in central CA when I was there, we had a 25hp on that one and could take 4 guys/cooler/boards surfing up the coast. It was easy maintenance and rolled up for storage or transport to beaches where trailer launching wasn't possible. Never had a puncture while fishing...
Yes Luke, looking into aluminum bottom ones. How was it to get up on plane? Does it need a heavy cooler/weight in the front if running solo? Appreciate the information

Yes Luke, looking into aluminum bottom ones. How was it to get up on plane? Does it need a heavy cooler/weight in the front if running solo? Appreciate the information

I don't recall having issues getting to plane, it was a pretty light boat, a heavy cooler up front wouldn't hurt though.

I came across this while viewing options. Not sure if you're looking for some zip with a good four stroke or...

Pretty sweet all around, IMO.

Anyhow, figured worth sharing:

Back