Yeti GOBOX Collection

Wyoming Online Meeting to Discuss Harsh Winter

Here's the direct link to the meeting today.

https://wgfd.wyo.gov/wildlife-in-wyoming/winter-wildlife-impacts-discussion

Myself and a couple other folks sat down yesterday with the GF Director and Deputy Director yesterday for about an hour and a half and this was one of the things we talked about.

One of the asks that they had was to get this link out and encourage people to attend these type of meetings if they can. Also, please review some of the FAQ's before if possible.

There is going to be discussion about what impacts these types of winters will have, etc. and also the topic of winter feeding will be brought up. I can save some the suspense, there will not be winter deer feeding happening as the science points to deer and pronghorn feeding as an exercise in futility. Very few, if any, respond to feeding and in many cases is more harmful than helpful. IMO, feeding makes for good PR's in the short term and doesn't do anything long-term to help deer. The money spent trying to pull a few deer through the winter is better spent on habitat improvement.

Anyway, there will likely be some good discussion and I encourage watching this on your lunch break if possible.

Just wondering. I usually hunt antelope around Wright and deer in the far northeast corner. How harsh is the winter?? Snowfall, cold temps as compared to the last few years?? Being here in Iowa I haven't heard a lot about the winter in Wyoming. Thanks in advance.

good luck to all
the dog

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whipple
Back