Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Working on a Weekend

Ben Lamb

Some days, my job is pretty cool. I contribute to Outdoor Life's Open Country Blog about Access. A few weeks ago, Senator Tester contacted me about sitting in on a panel with some of the biggest names in Access & Conservation as well as with Secretary Sally Jewell to discus the importance of access and the Land & Water Conservation Fund. RMEF, Boone & Crockett, TRCP, BHA, MWF, TU, etc all had folks at the table to discuss access issues from the perspecitive of the muddy boots that do the work.

Here's the piece that came out of it: http://www.outdoorlife.com/blogs/op...ervation-land-access-and-recruiting-new-hunte

Couple of photos:

Attachments

• unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 258
  • unnamed (1).jpg
    unnamed (1).jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 257
Ben, sounds like a productive meeting. I enjoyed reading your Outdoor Life thread about it.

There were a lot of Hunt Talkers at the table:

Randy, of course.
Joel Webster (JWebster) who works for TRCP
Joe Perry (Pierre)
Nick Gevock (MWF)

it was a pretty impressive collection of knowledge at the table. I was impressed with Secretary Jewell's command of the issue, but more-so impressed with David Allen's and Tony Schoonen Jr's.

I did have a chance to ask the Secretary what she thought about the idea of transference of public lands to the states and her reply was an emphatic "no way."

Good to hear.

Right on. Great piece and thank you for your contributions.

I enjoyed some haute cuisine myself this evening thanks in part to a Wyoming landowner who enrolled his property into the HMA program.

Kenetrek Boots

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jg722
Back