Kenetrek Boots

Wind River CWD

Rie Bread

Just returned from the beautiful Wind River range and this Fresh Tracks caught me eye once I listened to where this CWD study was. My friend and I observed several deer near death despite the peak of the green up this summer. Sad to see it first hand. Interesting discussion on harvest rate comparison to the Montana mule deer situation and Wyoming

Curious I don't know anything about green river. Heard of it. But nothing. My guess is large private land that doesn't allow public hunting. Elaborate

307 killer my knowledge. Of green river. Crazy native guy shed hunting. My knowledge

I think it’s interesting because myself, like the podcast hosts, idealize more deer on the land scape but this idea might be counter to CWD management. Particularly the comparison to Montana mule deer was most interesting to me, as in Montana being lower for CWD. While I don’t like the management strategy, it certainly goes with the studies out there.
It’s going to be interesting if the biologists can pin point what going on there.

But is the whole landscape being used or are most the deer piled onto private land that would cause disease such as cwd

Idk I shed hunted since I could walk with my dad. Hunting my whole life. Grew up in the 90s. Not alot of bs about disease. Hard winters but no bs. Bs started with large private that doesn't allow hunting unless u primos or pay

I know cwd started in madison county. Kennedys he won't be held accountable, he a killakljionar. But it spread. To public and infected surrounding area. Why unit 324 not a mule deer LE unit anymore.

Curious where the disease starts and factors.
Me to. The deer I saw must be migrating deer due to we were at 10k feet. Ima make a wild guess that private land has an overall higher density of deer than public thus more transmission? I thought the younger that 2 year old deer dying of CWD interesting aswell, perhaps passed on genetically.

Whitey a Kingsmans deer. Not many tested positive mule deer. Very low

I have no idea cwd. Heard Kennedys infested. Affecting moose. Seen a video. Moose doing circles. Idk. Elk come low no doubt it in those herds old 322.

Ask the dip shit bio in 324. Cwd. Percentage of whitey compared to muley

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rut
Back