MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Wildlife commission steps up to the wolf plate

It is step in the right direction- it took a lot damage to get to this point. This decision if done when it should have been would have provided an opportunity to build the wolf lovers/haters relationship instead of deepening the wound and distrust of the government.

DG must have caught some flak, clicky article title since changed from "hunting" to "lethally managed". Otero surprised me a little, he seems firmly in the camp of "this is a cpw/usfws" problem. That's great, until it isn't. I'd like him more if he showed up to meetings in person. A lot is lost attending these via teams or zoom.

A lot of attention has been given to some of the new commissioners. Honestly, Tutchton is the worst. Good thing his termite is over soon. Otero’s No vote surprised me a bit.
I will have a celebratory beverage when Tuchton's term is done which I think is next month. Everytime he opens his mouth, I cringe not only because of what he says but the way speaks. He has got to be one of the most annoying people to listen to I've ever heard. Hard to believe he practiced law for decades.

From the article: "Cattle have no defenses because it has been bred out of them. Therefore, producers need to work harder" - Darlene Kobobel of the Colorado Wolf and Wildlife Center.

What garbage.

Grats for the good that came from the bad - hope not to become ugly.

DG must have caught some flak, clicky article title since changed from "hunting" to "lethally managed". Otero surprised me a little, he seems firmly in the camp of "this is a cpw/usfws" problem. That's great, until it isn't. I'd like him more if he showed up to meetings in person. A lot is lost attending these via teams or zoom.
Otero’s appointment is a tragedy, not because he is anti-hunting or anything malicious, but what a waste of space when there are so many other incredibly qualified wildlife advocates who could do so much for wildlife conservation, habitat, and sportsmen/women.

Good on the commission for addressing this issue.

Last edited:
Question??? Are wolves not back on endanged species list outside of Northern Rocky Mountain population (CO is not part of), how can the state vote to permit kill them? I thought this was all a big court case last year where ONLY MT, WY and ID could hunt them and this is effectively same thing.

I will have a celebratory beverage when Tuchton's term is done which I think is next month. Everytime he opens his mouth, I cringe not only because of what he says but the way speaks. He has got to be one of the most annoying people to listen to I've ever heard. Hard to believe he practiced law for decades.
I pretty much disagree with everything that comes out of Tutchtons mouth but I will say he makes himself available to constituents and is willing to have a discussion. Beaulieu traffics in lies and refuses to have any dialogue with Colorado stakeholders. She is the only Commissioner that fails to meet the statutory requirements and openly dishonest with the Senate Ag and Natural Resources committee.

Last edited:
Agreed. Otero attends a lot of meetings remotely. I get things happen but being a Commissioner is a big deal. Make it one…

I pretty much disagree with everything that comes out of Tutchtons mouth but I will say he makes himself available to constituents and is willing to have a discussion. Beaulieu traffics in lies and refuses to have any dialogue with Colorado stakeholders. She is the only Commissioner that fails to meet the statutory requirements and openly dishonest with the Senate Ag and Natural Resources committee.
Please share more details. I haven’t followed her much as I kinda wrote her off from the get-go.

Oddly enough, I’ve grown to respect Bailey a little. Not a fan of the nomination at all. Didn't have the background for the role but she does listen and seems to take a pragmatic approach for someone walking into a new room.

The bitch of this matter...

Colorado should not have the authority to force neighboring states to accept Supermarket ballot box woof lovers UNLESS they high fence their State boundary to keep their State 0.9% vote law woofs in their own State.
UT, AZ, NM:
1. Not given 10j
2. Not funded by Colorado State woof depredation
3. Have to eat it for sake of - paragraph 1.

That is the rubbish of a State vote w/o the ability to ensure the State keeps their woofs to themselves...

International woof luver win beyond Colorado.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozarkhuntress
Back